Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Estimated cost for timing belt and water pump replacement

Lee1985

City
Stoke-on-Trent
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2006 fiesta zetec
Hi everyone,

Hopefully I have posted this in the right section of the forum.

I have a 2006 fiesta Zetec and want to get my timing belt and water pump replaced. I'm currently saving up to get this sorted but want to know roughly what number to aim for?

thanks

Lee

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
My estimate is for a petrol Ford engine in the era just prior to the required crank angle calibration type engine. Parts and labor being a variable I think around $550 usd is close.
In pounds sterling that’s roughly 430 or 460? Best guess from an American without an exchange rate chart. Avoid non Ford belts and tensioner! If the parts man advises you to get the tensioner bolt as well, heed the advice and get it! Good luck!

OP
L

Lee1985

City
Stoke-on-Trent
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2006 fiesta zetec
Thread Starter #3
My estimate is for a petrol Ford engine in the era just prior to the required crank angle calibration type engine. Parts and labor being a variable I think around $550 usd is close.
In pounds sterling that’s roughly 430 or 460? Best guess from an American without an exchange rate chart. Avoid non Ford belts and tensioner! If the parts man advises you to get the tensioner bolt as well, heed the advice and get it! Good luck!
I've now rang around a couple of garages and found out that the waterpump is driven by the aux belt, this means I can get away with just having the timing belt done which was quoted at £300