Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

CENTER BRAKE LIGHT questions on 2018 Fiesta four-door Sedan. Hi. Steam here. I just joined the forum.

Steam

City
St. Louis
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta
My previously-owned 2016 Ford Fiesta Hatchback was destroyed when a tree fell on it. It had somewhere in the neighborhood of 20,000 miles on it. I replaced it with a new 2018 Ford Fiesta TITANIUM four door sedan. I have now owned the 2018 Fiesta for about 1-1/2 yrs. The 2016 Hatchback front end made noise when rolling over slight bumps in the road in cold weather. The newer 2018 Fiesta has never done this. I am not sure if this difference is the result of suspension improvements Ford made or some other reason.....QUESTION: Does anyone know if my 2018 Fiesta Sedan Center Brake Light is LED? It looks to be suspended from the ceiling in the rear, at top of back window. Without removing the headliner, where could the wire to this center brake light be found? I am thinking someplace else in the car that is more accessible. And what color is this wire? Thanks to all.

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
Welcome!
I can't answer your questions, but someone here can.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
The bulb chart says LED. It doesn't have a replacement bulb number.
It is serviced as an assembly because the diodes are hardwired onto the board.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
The LED lights are one-piece units - with a Squirt-Squirt hole outside for the Rear wiper washer unit.

No incandescent bulbs are used in them, these are Solid State LED (Light Emitting Diodes).- integrated since the 2012 Fiesta I know of.

So when you take them off, there is a small hose, (Windshield washer) the wiring connector and the spoiler rain shroud - all removed as one assembly to gain access to the Center LED unit. You have to remove the shroud for ease of access to the LED light and obtain clearance to remove it (pulls out from rear of the panel - which is towards the front of the vehicles which has special "press fit" trim attachments to hold the shroud in place. There are several places you have to remove torx-type (T20? I think)
ON both sides of the rear hatch, on the top where the hinges are - there are two "knockouts" used to obtain access to two other torx-head screws from the inside of the hatch.

then i re-read the title of the thread...

You have a Sedan...I own a hatchback...

Ahemn...

So with everything else...

Your rear windshield upper valence and interior trim have to be removed to obtain access...You do not have to worry about a rear windshield washer.

In a hatchback - it's a little more complex. Lot more steps and a few more screws to mess with.

But either way, the unit is still a one piece LED strip.

1624845182866.png
Part number...
8A6Z-13A613-S
Center High Mount Stop Lamp

1624846015904.png
If you have a upper cubby console that houses the Lamp.

1624846388300.png
Tiny little two wire
Pinch tab to release

Last edited: