Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Car won't start after a run.

Bazwilk

City
Welwyn garden city
State
AL
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Ford Fiesta
Our car won't start after a run, 3 miles to the supermarket once !! Five or six times in the last four years. Never before that !. After 30/35 minutes it starts just fine. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

City
Woodstock
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Hot-start problems are indicative of loss of pressure in the fuel line. This is usually caused by a leaky fuel injector.
The reason why this happens only for hot starts is because the fuel is more likely to vaporize as temperature increases.
In order to avoid vaporization problems the fuel lines are expected to be pressurized during a hot start.
If there is a fuel leak then the fuel may have partially vaporized by the time it reaches the fuel injectors, preventing the injectors from sending fuel through to the combustion chambers.

OP
B

Bazwilk

City
Welwyn garden city
State
AL
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Ford Fiesta
Thread Starter #3
Many thanks, I will get it checked out, regards Barry

padini

City
birmingham
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Ford fiesta eco boost 2019
Our car won't start after a run, 3 miles to the supermarket once !! Five or six times in the last four years. Never before that !. After 30/35 minutes it starts just fine. Thanks in advance for any ideas.
crank shaft sensor ?