Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Bluetooth control module replacement query

sodamonkey

Morning all.

So my Bluetooth stopped working the other day, (2010 Titanium), for good it seems. Yesterday I got to the module and disconnected and reconnected the harness probably 3 or 4 times, and tried this with power on and off when doing it. I also pulled the fuse with power on and off as well, all to no avail.

The odd thing is that even with doing the above, the head unit still has the phone registered to it and it won't debond it. The option for turning Bluetooth on and off also doesn't work, the tick just disappears for less than a second comes back by itself.

The modules are readily available on eBay, but here's my query - There are some that look identical for Focuses for example, that are cheaper than those listed for my car. One seller of a Focus module says the model number should be the same, i.e. replace like for like I think.

*Edit* - Sorry, I meant PART number above, not model number.

Is this correct, will any identical shaped module work in any car, or do I need to get the exact same module as what I've got?

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
U.S. version is possibly different from U.K. But, if the design logic was the same I would suggest that you get a replacement module that is the same in every respect possible.
Fiesta owners in America are just recently beginning to experience the death of their audio system components. They are starting to “age out” and fail. The sync system in the 2011 to 14 Fiesta here in the states is no longer being upgraded or maintained. So, we are all in the same leaky boat with regards to failing audio and Bluetooth functionality issues.

OP
S

sodamonkey

Thread Starter #3
Thanks @scotman.

I guess there's a reason why the guy selling the Focus unit says the part numbers have to be the same. Maybe the part numbers are different for a reason and each unit is designed for one model Ford only.

Maybe I'll look for some sort of BT sender that plugs in the cigarette lighter instead, I only need the odd hands free call anyway.

Cheers!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
It would definitely be like rolling the dice! But, you could get a newer module from a late 2014 sync one and see what you get? I wouldn’t get a newer version than the late 14.