Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Back up Camera not working

Mlan17

City
Dunlap
State
TN
Country
United States
What I Drive
Ford Fiesta
Whenever I put my car in reverse, all I get is a message on my screen saying:
“Rear view camera not available”
Has anyone else has this issue or know a fix? I tried resetting the camera by unplugging the battery but that didn’t work either. This just happened suddenly out of the blue too.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
You will need either a test light or a voltmeter to verify if the camera is getting power. If there is signal power to the connector shell that plugs into the camera, when you have the ignition key on and the shift lever in reverse, you most likely need a new camera.. There aren't any serviceable parts in the camera itself.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Did you check to see if you even have a camera?
1632838172309.png

As In: Still attached?

Reasoning is this:
I've had some close calls with other vehicles that have lift kits and high - mount KC Lites - they have been known to not pay attention - READ THIS AS: TEXTNIG while DRIVING - and if the inevitable were to occur - you'd lose the camera due to the rear -impact - doesn't have to be on the road, the trip to the Grocery Store can cause this too - people attempting to park behind you - hit you - then leave the scene - with broken stuff left behind in a pile at your back bumper.