Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Are there any improvements from the 2015 Fiesta over the 2013 Fiesta?

City
Saskatoon
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2013 Ford Fiesta
I'm looking at dumping my 2013 Fiesta lemon and upgrading to the 2015.

The 2013's had a lot of transmission problems among other things.

Does anyone know if Ford corrected the transmission problems by the time the 2015's came out or was it still known for transmission issues?

Also, are there any other known issues that I should be concerned about?

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
I'm looking at dumping my 2013 Fiesta lemon and upgrading to the 2015.

The 2013's had a lot of transmission problems among other things.

Does anyone know if Ford corrected the transmission problems by the time the 2015's came out or was it still known for transmission issues?

Also, are there any other known issues that I should be concerned about?
I wouldn't hesitate to consider a manual transmission fiesta that has maintenance records and drives normally. The automatic version would require some paperwork for any or all work that was done in regards to the series of updates and upgrades the dealership service department has done to the transmission. I doubt that there are many 2011 to 2013 Fiesta powershift owners who have not had at least two software updates and new seals. If it got clutch packs, it absolutely got everything done.
I would have to actually see the paperwork. Labor op's and parts installed. The whole damn bloody thing.
Are you having issues with the 2013 fiesta you are driving currently?
I have to ask. I know of three 11 to 14 fiesta owners within walking distance from my house who have the powershift Fiesta and have no current issues since the last rework.
Are newer versions better? Probably. Are older Fiesta likely to have some sort of issue? Maybe. Maintenance history and how the car is used matter. A Fiesta used for pizza delivery or rural mail delivery is automatically much less attractive to me than one driven infrequently by an elderly woman.

Last edited:
OP
A
City
Saskatoon
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2013 Ford Fiesta
Thread Starter #3
Yeah I'm having repeat clutch issues, mind you the car now has 284000 kilometers on it. Rather than spend money on the repairs, I'm considering another vehicle but a used one instead of a new one. I don't want to add any more to my debt than what I have to lol. I did see a dealer with a 2015 Fiesta SE Automatic with just over 100000 km on it. I was just hoping that maybe Ford might have figured out and resolved the major issues by then.

I have the VIN number so I might go to Ford and find out at least anything has any extended warranty.

Here where I am in Canada it would cost about $2500 just to repair the transmission.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Yeah I'm having repeat clutch issues, mind you the car now has 284000 kilometers on it. Rather than spend money on the repairs, I'm considering another vehicle but a used one instead of a new one. I don't want to add any more to my debt than what I have to lol. I did see a dealer with a 2015 Fiesta SE Automatic with just over 100000 km on it. I was just hoping that maybe Ford might have figured out and resolved the major issues by then.

I have the VIN number so I might go to Ford and find out at least anything has any extended warranty.

Here where I am in Canada it would cost about $2500 just to repair the transmission.
I think that just about any 2018 or newer will be at the latest level of upgrades to the transmission. I have driven a couple of them. The best way to drive the powershift fiesta is like you are in a bit of a hurry. That means that you should be deliberate in your throttle foot and not feather the pedal! Same with the brakes. When you apply the brakes, it's sending a signal that you are slowing down or stopping.
Bottom line is be deliberate about what you are asking the car to do. Not unlike driving a manual transmission in that respect!

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
Yeah I'm having repeat clutch issues, mind you the car now has 284000 kilometers on it. Rather than spend money on the repairs, I'm considering another vehicle but a used one instead of a new one. I don't want to add any more to my debt than what I have to lol. I did see a dealer with a 2015 Fiesta SE Automatic with just over 100000 km on it. I was just hoping that maybe Ford might have figured out and resolved the major issues by then. I have the VIN number so I might go to Ford and find out at least anything has any extended warranty. Here where I am in Canada it would cost about $2500 just to repair the transmission.
My 2015 auto works great...no complaints. But like scotman says, ya gotta drive it like a stick (deliberate) and less like a true automatic slushbox.