Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Are power window regulators interchangeable left to right?

City
Cape Town
State
Non-US
Country
South Africa
What I Drive
Ford Fiesta 2015
Hi there. I recently experienced an issue where the right rear power window on my 2015 Fiesta developed a fairly consistent pattern where it would bounce back twice when rolling it up, and then finally allow itself to be rolled up by keeping the button lifted (auto-up disabled.) I had the dealership check it out, and they replaced the regulator. Almost immediately the same behaviour started occurring on the rear left hand side (it was working fine before, I had been checking fairly regularly.) Before jumping to conclusions about possible dealership shenanigans, I'm trying to find out whether the regulators are interchangeable left to right. If not, I'll assume coincidence. If so, I guess I should try a different dealership next time.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
At least on the Mk7 and 7.5, would have to say no.
I assume that you meant to say "drive motors" and not "regulators". In my part of the world the regulators are the track assembly that raises and lowers the glass. The regulators are absolutely specific to each position and side. As are the window drive motors. The only bits that are not position and side specific are most of the fasteners and some of the electrical connector shells.
Being an international car, some drive motors are of German origin and some are U.S. built. That most likely varies dependant on where a Fiesta is assembled. All the parts in these images are from Cautitlan built Fiesta. 20210605_194024.jpg 20210605_194015.jpg

OP
G
City
Cape Town
State
Non-US
Country
South Africa
What I Drive
Ford Fiesta 2015
Thread Starter #3
At least on the Mk7 and 7.5, would have to say no.
I assume that you meant to say "drive motors" and not "regulators". In my part of the world the regulators are the track assembly that raises and lowers the glass. The regulators are absolutely specific to each position and side. As are the window drive motors. The only bits that are not position and side specific are most of the fasteners and some of the electrical connector shells.
Being an international car, some drive motors are of German origin and some are U.S. built. That most likely varies dependant on where a Fiesta is assembled. All the parts in these images are from Cautitlan built Fies
The invoice only says regulator. Thanks for the info! Makes me feel better about the situation.