Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

android radio

drw1972

City
Jacksonville
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Ford Fiesta
Based on the canbus image i think that there are 2 connectors. I am not sure about your system, but both connectors must be connected to your unit. So if you have done that and it is still not working then the best thing is to complain to the seller.
I have contacted the company and reinstalled the original (not working) system.

Thanks for all your help.

lilbleh

City
Jakarta
State
Non-US
Country
Indonesia
What I Drive
2014 Fiesta 1.0L Ecoboost
OK. I am sorry i was unable to be of much help. Hope you get this sorted out. If you have whatsapp, feel free to contact me at +62818854570.

bj2348

City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta
I have contacted the company and reinstalled the original (not working) system.

Thanks for all your help.
Did you ever get to the bottom of your issue? I have a 2013 fiesta and tried Android units from 2 different vendors and neither would ever power on. Supplying 12v DC directly via a bench power supply turned the units on. My factory radio works fine.

lilbleh

City
Jakarta
State
Non-US
Country
Indonesia
What I Drive
Did you ever get to the bottom of your issue? I have a 2013 fiesta and tried Android units from 2 different vendors and neither would ever power on. Supplying 12v DC directly via a bench power supply turned the units on. My factory radio works fine.
I have installed numerous vertical screen and the smaller double din screen androids on facelift (mk7.5) as well as the non facelift (mk7) with absolutely no issues at all. The double din sized ones should be truly plug and play while the vertical screen ones may need an additional grounding cable to be wired in to any metal body part for the grounding. Other than that all works well.

Gotcha

City
Pretoria
State
Non-US
Country
South Africa
What I Drive
Fiesta 2012
I have installed numerous vertical screen and the smaller double din screen androids on facelift (mk7.5) as well as the non facelift (mk7) with absolutely no issues at all. The double din sized ones should be truly plug and play while the vertical screen ones may need an additional grounding cable to be wired in to any metal body part for the grounding. Other than that all works well.
Got my Android radio, everything is straight forward plug and play.....everything works except for the panel and steering wheel buttons.....any advise?

Attachments

lilbleh

City
Jakarta
State
Non-US
Country
Indonesia
What I Drive
Got my Android radio, everything is straight forward plug and play.....everything works except for the panel and steering wheel buttons.....any advise?
You should see a key1 or key2 wire. Connect one of those wire to the ground on the body (basic metal part of the body) and maybe you need to "learn" or set the functions on the setting menu. It should work if done properly. Good luck!