Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

2015 SE -- Stock 1.6 Plugs?

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
Looking to replace my spark plugs. Any recommendations? I am not looking for a super hot setup; just a really good plug that I don't have to change or gap very often. Thanks!

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
I think the O.E Motorcraft double platinum, fine wire electrode type are great. NGK also makes a fine product. I would avoid all "non platinum" types and any of the gimmick designs like Splitfire or E3 multiple electrode stuff. Better plug wires are the only real upgrade that i justify the expense of. There are several brands of 8 mm wire sets and Magnacore offers an 8.5 mm wire set.

Last edited:
OP
LionsTooth

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #3
I think the O.E Motorcraft double platinum, fine wire electrode type are great. NGK also makes a fine product. I would avoid all "non platinum" types and any of the gimmick designs like Splitfire or E3 multiple electrode stuff. Better plug wires are the only real upgrade that i justify the expense of. Ford racing has offered a very good upgrade wireset for some time. That probably wont be the case for much longer.
Jonesing on these FSWorks plug wires in yellow...fell for the color :love:.....thoughts? Can't find the Ford Racing set anywhere.
Do you have the part number for those plugs?

Also just got a Stubby 2-inch antenna, today...love the look..so much better than the stock mini-whip thingy. Don't use the radio much so if the distance suffers, I don't really care.

Thanks, scotman!

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
The Motorcraft part number is CYFS-12-YEC.
I also found that the 2011 fiesta i bought damaged/used has a set of NGK plugs imprinted #96870. Both are a platinum iridium types.
I was mistaken on Ford Racing offering plug wires for Fiesta. They were for Focus. But i have seen an 8.5mm set offered by Magnacore, and CFM Performance offers an 8mm wire set. I can't recall what the Magnacore set cost. But the CFM set was about fifty bucks.

OP
LionsTooth

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #5
The Motorcraft part number is CYFS-12-YEC.
I also found that the 2011 fiesta i bought damaged/used has a set of NGK plugs imprinted #96870. Both are a platinum iridium types.
I was mistaken on Ford Racing offering plug wires for Fiesta. They were for Focus. But i have seen an 8.5mm set offered by Magnacore, and CFM Performance offers an 8mm wire set. I can't recall what the Magnacore set cost. But the CFM set was about fifty bucks.
Thanks...the Magnacore 8.5 is $170...too much for the minimal gain I will see. So checking for reviews on the CFM & the FSWorks wires. Got the plugs in my basket. BTW, they cross-ref to a SP525. See https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=3588270&jsn=5.

Last edited:
OP
LionsTooth

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #6

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Thanks...the Magnacore 8.5 is $170...too much for the minimal gain I will see. So checking for reviews on the CFM & the FSWorks wires. Got the plugs in my basket. BTW, they cross-ref to a SP525.
170. That's got to be the most spendy set of plug wires for the Fiesta on the planet. But, they are available to those who want them.
I went by what the invoice said that the part number for the Motorcraft plugs were. They were sold to me minus the little boxes. But they fit the holes and work great.

Last edited:

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Off topic, I grew up in the area you live in. Born at U of M hospital, lived in Brooklyn, Jackson, Milford, Ypsi, and had Grandparents in Whitmore Lake.
Oh yeah. You haven't missed much! Everything is the same here as before, except there is less of the good things and more of the shitty things! But, i work in "the industry" and this is where it's at.

OP
LionsTooth

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #9
As a boy, I had a guy who lived next door that was Chevy engineer who owned what he called the yellow banana, a 70 convertible 'Vette. He used to take me out to the proving grounds to romp around on Sundays. So many people there in the industry. I haven't been back in the area than more than 40 years, except to fly through on the way to somewhere else. When we lived in Brooklyn they were building MIS and we would take a weekly bus ride out to tour the place. Imagine a busload of kindergartners driving around on the apron before there we even grandstands!

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
As a boy, I had a guy who lived next door that was Chevy engineer who owned what he called the yellow banana, a 70 convertible 'Vette. He used to take me out to the proving grounds to romp around on Sundays. So many people there in the industry. I haven't been back in the area than more than 40 years, except to fly through on the way to somewhere else. When we lived in Brooklyn they were building MIS and we would take a weekly bus ride out to tour the place. Imagine a busload of kindergartners driving around on the apron before there we even grandstands!
My grandparents lived in Brooklyn. We could hear the cars running on the track all the way back into the village. Many residents grew to hate those race weekends. I always have enjoyed it. The facility is world class. I must admit that i enjoyed it more in the late 1970's when $20 got you parked in the infield and a pit paddock bleacher ticket.