Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

2012 Low power when using a/c

DoubleD

City
Place
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
Ford Fiesta SE
Hi, thanks for reading. If I turn on my air conditioning while driving my manual 2012 I seem to lose some power. It's also dimming the lights, as well if I use the power windows. I've had issues going up hills using the a/c too. I've had some issues before with a low beam relay and fuse box terminal that seems to get wet and corroded. Right now the rotted out section has a piece of copper wedged in with lithium grease. Doing this mitigates replacing the fuse box terminal which seems difficult as I don't have much harness slack. I'm wondering if my electrical "bandaid" is effecting my a/c, or power in general. Is it possible to buy a stronger alternator for my car?

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
There are probably more bad circuits in that distribution box. The power is having a tough time squeezing past all the resistance.

OP
D

DoubleD

City
Place
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
Ford Fiesta SE
Thread Starter #3
I just ordered a cheap multimeter to test, thanks scotman! I'll report back after I do some homework about testing for bad circuits and doing the work