Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

2012 Ford Fiesta Carbon Fiber Hood

MaxTheCar

City
Wichita
State
KS
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Ford Fiesta
Does anyone know if this hood will fit my 2012 Fiesta S Sedan? I have been looking everywhere for a carbon fiber hood for it but can't. I am really just looking for style, not really performance but don't exactly want a wrap. Thanks!

Hood: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000453862494.html

Edit: Thanks everyone! I may just get a wrap in that case. I thought it was for a 2012, but I don't think I want to waste money on something that is not going to fit so it's good to know it's not even for my year... lol.

Last edited:

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
No. That is for a 2014 -19. The stock hood panel is not heavy. Just take it to a professional decal shop and get a cf wrap done. That way, Your wallet wont be on fire.

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
Does anyone know if this hood will fit my 2012 Fiesta S Sedan? I have been looking everywhere for a carbon fiber hood for it but can't. I am really just looking for style, not really performance but don't exactly want a wrap. Thanks!
Hood: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000453862494.html
You can get a good wrap for way under the $1100 it would cost to get a carbon hoodie that would fit your year.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
If you want looks or style, a quality wrap is what you want. CF panels are intended to be race car parts. As such, things like fit and finnish quality is not a prime objective.
Some carbon fiber parts require a lot of fitting time or are designed to be pinned to the chassis and have no provision for hinges or bolt on attachment.

OP
MaxTheCar

MaxTheCar

City
Wichita
State
KS
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Ford Fiesta
Thread Starter #5
No. That is for a 2014 -19. The stock hood panel is not heavy. Just take it to a professional decal shop and get a cf wrap done. That way, Your wallet wont be on fire.
Yeah, I really don't know why they listed it as 2012-2016 if it's for a 2014. Weird.

OP
MaxTheCar

MaxTheCar

City
Wichita
State
KS
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Ford Fiesta
Thread Starter #6
If you want looks or style, a quality wrap is what you want. CF panels are intended to be race car parts. As such, things like fit and finnish quality is not a prime objective.
Some carbon fiber parts require a lot of fitting time or are designed to be pinned to the chassis and have no provision for hinges or bolt on attachment.
Is that why I see some cars have hood pins?

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Yup.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Yeah, I really don't know why they listed it as 2012-2016 if it's for a 2014. Weird.
Some websites that you are visiting may be aimed at the markets on other continents. Alibaba is one of them.
Items like radio/hvac faceplates, hood panels, bumper covers and driving light kits are often not designed for the North American version of Fiesta.

Last edited: