Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

2006 fiesta wont turn over

Hannes

City
Brakpan
State
GA
Country
South Africa
What I Drive
2006 forfd fiesta 1.4 trend
Ive got a 2006 fiesta 1.4 trend....
It was in a accident and i have sorted it mechanically now when i attempt to start it it gives me two errors 1- engine system fault 2- high engine temperature

It does not turn over at all
Im not seeing any engine damage or wiring damage

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Was it setting for a long period of time prior to your repairs? Perhaps with the engine compartment exposed to weather? Were you able to crank the engine prior to the repairs? You aren't giving anyone much background information to work with. Technically, if it has fault codes it has been "cranked" if not "running" at some point in all this!
You purchased this car crashed? You crashed it six years ago and now are working on getting it going? Some parts of the puzzle are missing here!

OP
H

Hannes

City
Brakpan
State
GA
Country
South Africa
What I Drive
Thread Starter #3
Good day..... i had the accident it was about 2 months ago and its been standing inside my garage rhe entire time.....
It was running fine prior to the accident....
The codes comeup as soon as the key is turned to on position it does not crank at all and there is a red light flashing

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
Is the battery still charged? Can you hear the starter solenoid engaging? Does the starter work at all? Give us as much as you can to go by.

OP
H

Hannes

City
Brakpan
State
GA
Country
South Africa
What I Drive
Thread Starter #5
Starter is working if you short it out but it does not swing with the ignition

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
If it doesn't start, you're not telling us if you get any CHECK ENGINE light, just something about Engine Fault and High Temperature

Ok, well, it's a start, ahemn...but what kind of accident?

Air bag - front end impact?

Side impact?

Then a module may have failed, it's internal connections used to tell the system "OK to Start"

IF so then why it won't start is usually due to a broken battery, and or it's connections, even blown fuses - so that means you'll have to open the hood and find the fuesblock and by the process of elimination - try to locate the broken wire, blown fuse or broken relay - try to find out if power is travelling from the battery - even the main harness to power it, back at the battery.

IF Airbags went off, then usually fuses go with it and if severe - the Airbag SRS system cuts off the rest of the system from starting - hence a fault code.

But if the impact cracks a connector at the PCM or inside the passenger compartment - where someone or someone's body part, slammed hard enough into the console to damage a module located behind it, in the console - you'll have to track those down and make sure the connectors are seated and the module is still bolted to the car.