Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Throttle Pedal Spacer

City
Sydney
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
2022 Ford Fiesta ST
Hello all. I would like to purchase a throttle pedal spacer with hardware for an MY22 Fiesta ST. I am unable to find MS_3D in Melbourne as shown on YouTube. Does anyone have a link to purchase this item in Australia?
Many thanks.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
If - for some reason - the store in Melbourne can't help you - you do have options as a DIY.

The typical throttle pedal or Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor as Ford calls it, you have plenty of room not just to add a spacer - as suggested in this thread that lifts the pedal forward a set amount.

This works to some degree if the other pedals are setting too far forward. But this also affects how much you rotate your foot on its heel to adjust that pedal to find the right amount of throttle.

If you apply too much throttle - you will have to feather it and makes many uncomfortable that it needs too little to obtain the drive - having to lift your leg - or in some - rotation of the foot on the heel is not enough and you have to lift the foot to press weight on the pedal and the car leaps forward.

IF you just need more or less sensitivity - then perhaps a washer or two is all that is needed.

You adjust the angle the pedal rests at...by using a washer behind the throttles mount - on one of, or both of, the bolt(s) to the baseplate the pedal rests against.

This is due to the larger holes the (OEM) pedal sensor has for mounting, so it can give you some ability to tilt the pedal several degrees up - towards the foot or down back, towards the firewall or floorboard away from the foot.

This Thread deals with the effort of Floor mounted (Organ) or firewall mounted pedals (Suspended) and their inherited traits...
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tech...r-pedal-do-you-prefer-organ-vs-suspended.html

So, the discussion moves along but the pedal itself being suspended and its pivot above the foot, lends to the discussion for as you alter the geometry - so does the spring-loaded tension and your ability to rest your foot comfortably on it as you drive.
1664761652775.png
You tilt the pedals "zero rest point" to allow your
foot to pivot on the heel forward and back to reduce fatigue.
This also affects which part of the foot touches the pedal
and the effort used as you roll the foot over the pedals surface.​

If you need to move the whole assembly forward regardless of the angle - then a flat spacer like those shown in the VID for MS_3D demonstrate - but if you're going to do that, some simple flat stock can provide the needed reposition.

The Pedal I have, has metal-sleeved reinforced holes to keep the plastic from deforming upon the pressure the tightening of that nut to the bolt - keeping it rigid. Fords OEM.

I myself have had to make adjustments to all three pedals (Manual 5 speed) to find a comfortable or workable solution to a point of not winding up fatigued from the fouling of the footwork trying to handle rush hour and traffic jams stop-start you encounter on a daily commute.

Its' why I miss the days of having an adjustable pushrod to offset clearance for the clutch to throttle and throttle to brake efforts that many of today's carmakers have sorely neglected to offer. The drivers' own comfort - Lumbar is not what shifts the transmission - so unless you're into kicking legworks and other such exercising, little comfort is offered for the Fiesta drivers' foot or legs for that matter.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
There is this one! Available from the GouldShaw store on Etsy. $25 bucks USD.
I have purchased items from all over the world.
The shipping cost won't be too outrageous. 16649271441786204802083484412057.jpg