Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Slight Ticking noise behind speedometer in Dashboard

Astro84

City
Ashton-under-Lyne
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2021 Ford Fiesta Active X edition
Hi all! I'm new here and just wanted to ask for some advice as I've had a nightmare with Trust Ford the last couple of months.
I have a 70 plate Fiesta Active X edition which is a mild hybrid. The car is fantastic, perfect etc until about two months ago I heard a slight metallic clicking/ticking sound coming from inside the dashboard sort of behind the speedometer area. It happens intermittently; sometimes driving in straight roads, smooth roads and other's it's a constant ticking that happens with every little bump. Some days, it's not there at all. I read in forums that it could be the blend door actuator, but wouldn't the Ford Tech have picked that up? They say they never hear anything, but it's definitely there as my passengers have commented on it.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

A

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
It's probably that. Tell them about it.

Hels

City
Hyde
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Puma 2020
Hi all! I'm new here and just wanted to ask for some advice as I've had a nightmare with Trust Ford the last couple of months.
I have a 70 plate Fiesta Active X edition which is a mild hybrid. The car is fantastic, perfect etc until about two months ago I heard a slight metallic clicking/ticking sound coming from inside the dashboard sort of behind the speedometer area. It happens intermittently; sometimes driving in straight roads, smooth roads and other's it's a constant ticking that happens with every little bump. Some days, it's not there at all. I read in forums that it could be the blend door actuator, but wouldn't the Ford Tech have picked that up? They say they never hear anything, but it's definitely there as my passengers have commented on it.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

A
Hi, did you have any luck resolving this?
I have a mild hybrid Puma and have exactly the same as what you have explained. Any advice would be appreciated.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
If it's a regular timed noise, that's one thing - but if it is more like a "Rattle" when travelling on bumpy roads and not a regular periodic tick - then it could be the steering linkage and or column and the telescopic part of it, might have "slop" so it no longer runs quiet.

You can try to tighten down the bolts at the shaft connection points but no guarantees.

I have that too, caused by potholes transferring their "impact power" into strut mounts and even the tie rods and steering - and mines electric.