Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Persistent Issue with My Ford Fiesta Diesel - Need Technical Assistanc

City
Marrakech
State
Non-US
Country
Morocco
What I Drive
2019 Ford fiesta diesel
I am reaching out to you as the owner of a Ford Fiesta Diesel, which I acquired on September 28, 2019, and have been extremely satisfied with until recently.
However, I am facing a concerning situation that requires your technical expertise. On July 31, 2023, an orange engine light appeared on my dashboard. Up until that moment, the vehicle was running perfectly without any issues. I then headed to the Ford dealership in Marrakech to get a diagnostic, and unfortunately, during the journey, the dashboard suddenly went dark. Despite this, the engine continued to function normally. Upon reaching my destination, I turned off the engine, and since then, I have been unable to restart the vehicle, with the dashboard remaining unresponsive.
My vehicle is currently immobilized at the Ford customer service center for nearly 17 days. While I appreciate the efforts put forth by this technical team to resolve the issue, I remain concerned that no solution has been found thus far. I have been informed that the problem might be irreparable, which is extremely disconcerting.
I would greatly appreciate it if you could assist me by providing additional information. I sincerely hope that a solution can be found to rectify this problem. I am open to any suggestions and recommendations you might have on this matter.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
This thing is a Diesel - so do you use a DEF (Diesel Exhaust Fluid)?

It may need a "Regen", so it needs to shut down the system so it can "clear out" the catalyst.

There is a filter in the system, Diesel Particulate Filter - so if that is plugged, or needs attention - the service department should be able to determine a system fault of some type - like a blown fuse - to prevent the system from continuing to run until the filter or a specific condition is met and cleared.

IF is can't do this, or it's unable to, it can "force" a shutdown or limp mode unless the system is able to be Regened - it may require a "sequence" of events to occur to clear the conditions so the engine can be started and a regen forced to take place then the system would clear all the conditions having it seem that the exhaust and catalyst are "cleaned" per this regeneration process.

So it's kind of like how some MyKey "key acceptance" sequences are done.

• Might want to put enough Diesel fuel in the tank - if not already done, and locate the DEF port and make sure that the container has some of this DEF fluid in there to clean the exhaust system during this Regen process...

The process may be as simple as a set steps - like The Key in - turn to Ignition - then back to off, so many times - then once that number of Key on to off to on sequences are completed, an Icon will flash, the engine could be started, but it has to be left to run alone to complete that ICON request (like a self test)- only will clear and let the system run AFTER it's done with this self-test.

This should be in the owners manual - usually under maintenance

OP
S
City
Marrakech
State
Non-US
Country
Morocco
What I Drive
2019 Ford fiesta diesel
Thread Starter #3
I hope this message finds you well. I wanted to extend my heartfelt gratitude for providing me with the technical information to address the issues with my Ford Fiesta. Your guidance has been invaluable in helping me understand the necessary steps to repair the vehicle.

I wanted to let you know that I've already reached out to the service technical team, and they are actively investigating the solution you provided. Your insights have given me confidence that we're on the right track to resolving the problems and getting my car back in top-notch condition.

Once again, thank you for your prompt and knowledgeable assistance. Your willingness to share your expertise is greatly appreciated, and I'm truly grateful for your support during this time.

Best regards