Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

P1450

City
Monroe
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 fiesta se
I have a ford fiesta se, 4 door sedan with 52k. I here recently have had MANY issues with this car. First a wheel bearing, then the a/c went out. Just replaced the starter now I keep getting the code p1450. I have replaced the purge valve and I continue to receive this code. I’ve cleared the codes, and it continue to say the same code. I am completely lost on what I can do. Anyone have any guidance? Next steps? Anything would be greatly appreciated.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
1711329825027.png

Ok, so you replaced the purge valve - but the system is not really seeing any change in the air pressure in the fuel tank.

So some possible problems that could cause this range from impacts with road debris or road kill. Damaging the lines that are stiff and can get kinked shut by bending and crushing done by scraping over or running over debris.

Others can be related to overfilling the Gas tank - once it's shut off - STOP! Else the gas in the fuel tank - due to this test - can erupt into the charcoal canister and cause the canister to fill with raw fuel instead of vapors.

Raw fuel will plug lines due to the charcoal slurry it forms when the vacuum is present for the engine to run fumes based upon standing and sitting fuel during cold starts or warm hot days that make the pressure sender in the tank sense changes that can make the fuel in the tank unstable and can pressurize the system versus purging the system of those fumes so they don't cause issues with fuel metering at the pump or you're holding onto the steering wheel of a bomb.

Might need more of a canister change which can get expensive.

Might also want to review these threads...
https://www.fordfiesta.org/threads/...nk-say-i-need-a-new-evap-tube.7225/post-15675
https://www.fordfiesta.org/threads/looking-for-tsb-11-7-6.9155/post-25377
https://www.fordfiesta.org/threads/this-fell-out-of-its-hole-what-is-it.8653/post-22830

OP
B
City
Monroe
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 fiesta se
Thread Starter #3
So I haven’t hit anything, roadkill, or anything for that matter. I did fill up today with zero problems.
I let my car fill up till it clicks, no extra. I do regular maintenance things. Probably overly cautious. I did read about the vapor canister, so I checked it,
No fuel. No build up. No damage, no dents or anything of the sort. I did inspect the lines, again didn’t see anything abnormal.

I hope I’m not sitting in a time bomb. Should I go ahead and change the canister anyway?

I really don’t understand why I am having all these issues and not even at 60k miles.

What about a blockage? Could this just be a bad gas? Read multiple forums mentioning the purge valve that’s how I knew to change it.

When I filled up today, i didn’t see my RMPS move
Around like they used too. So maybe a good sign?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
IT would not hurt to change brand of gas to verify the readings and see if it can clear that code on it's own.

Did you ever get one of those simple code scanners? The I/M menu is more important to look at in this scenario.

Why? As you drive the system pulls fumes from the tank and checks the sender in the tank for a response. The sender sends a result as the system is polled - to develop a profile of how well the fuel system is sealed and this is also an integrity check - which is why it's pretty important.

The sender that the system looks at is at the tank and canister - so it may mean a trip to a service center to have them run a more full diagnostic for the Code to be narrowed down to what may be causing this.

This may be from bad fuel (high ethanol content) onto water in the tank - onto the Fuel rail and the pressure sensor in that part of the unit - might need to be investigated.

IT goes without saying but there are also several methods the Fiesta can use to determine the vacuum pressure in the tank - and also regulate the Fuel pump using a regulator in line with the power to the Fuel pump further controlling the fuel pressure. With the above in mind this could be nothing more than a simple poor ground wire or rusted bolt the wire routes to, to be grounded. In other words, a power supply intermittent or poor power connections.

So this may be something where the fuel pressure versus vacuum pressure at the tank - the differences are not right so it sets a code and it can be from a bad ring seal at the No-Cap filler neck or the Fuel injectors are not giving the right fuel metering and act as if they are dirty. Which can also make the system look at fuel and pressures to see if cavitation or a leak has formed somewhere.

I'll add more since I've been reviewing some of my earlier posts about this...

IF you locate the EVAP purge solenoid, it's that little round valve that is in-line with the vapor canister line from the back that arrives to the front and that valve is part of this metering system that heads off to the intake manifold.

Might want to look around down there by where that hard-nylon hose from that valve - goes - routes down to - and see if the hose itself might be off the connector. That may mean taking apart some of the throttle body, snorkel and even the air-box and cleaner so you can see more of it.

ON most Fiestas it's a red ended connector that goes just under the throttle body.

IF the nylon-hose is damaged or the connector is cracked, codes like this can get set because the engine is sucking vacuum thru the opening left behind from that crack in the hose - changing the way the system sees the integrity of the fuel system

You said your RPM's were "unsteady" this may be a sign of a vacuum leak PAST the EVAP line (towards the intake) - where the system pulls vacuum from to even check the validity of sensors. Intake to the EVAP - and there is where that EVAP valve comes into play - a one-way valve designed to work in pulse mode and pull fumes from the tank so it can help check the integrity. and seals used in the fuel system. The line also helps to reburn trapped fumes from sitting - so it also is used for Cold starts. It may possibly be the line itself is damaged and needs to be replaced - this will need a visit to the shop for that line to be checked and get it's replacement .

Last edited: