Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Newbie in peace

City
Hull
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Ford Fiesta Style 1.6tdci 2006 (06)
Hello, just thought I'd introduce myself. I currently drive a 2006 Ford Fiesta Style 1.6tdci. Just about to service it but I am confronted with three choices of fuel filter.

I'm used to transits so this is my first time working on the Fiesta. Is they a way to tell which fuel filter I need without removing the housing?

FM06BGX is my registration. Thanks

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Best to locate your fuel filter - usually by and snuggled into a nook at the gas tank.'

IT will require a visual inspection to find the right one.

There is a series of ports, you need two - some have three (recirculation and bubble purge stuff) and on each choice there are the ends of the filter (inlet and outlet) so some have inlet to one side outlet to the other and then you have the third which goes "above" in orientation to the other two.

So what pictures are they showing you of the choices?

OP
W
City
Hull
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Thread Starter #3
These are the three filters. I'm going to have a look see if I can narrow it down!
drpf13.0057.jpg wk_939.2_z.jpg ufi55.170.00.jpg

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Fuel filters don't usually need service, so if the filter has been replaced earlier (did you get a service history on it), then why is it needing another?

But then, if it's the original - then best to play it safe - so good idea to get it replaced now and over with.

I take it you own a Deisel fuel type - the bottom one is what you want.

OP
W
City
Hull
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Thread Starter #5
I'm used to replacing them on my transit vans, never serviced a car before. That video for mk6, mines mk5. But I'll have a look tomorrow, just being lazy posting on here. Cheers