Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Help appreciated - Fiesta Mk5 not starting

DaveG

City
Dartington
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Fiesta flight mk5
Hope someone can help. I inherited a year 2000 Ford Fiesta Flight over a year ago. We drove it to our house and its stood in the garage since for my daughter to drive when she passes her test. Since then its had the battery charged from flat and been started a few times, all without issue. The last time the battery went flat and was recharged seems to have caused the problem. Now it turns over, almost sounds like its turning over to easy and wont start, no missfire, no trying to start at all. I have checked all the fuses inside and under the bonnet all ok. At a loss. I have a carrista obd ii reader from another car but this wont detect the car to read any codes...at a loss as to chat the check next. Any advice gladly received. Its a good car with only 26k on the clock ...if it will work! Thanks

City
Not-US
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE
To start at the beginning, your engine needs air, fuel & spark. Air is assumed unless the engine failed mechanically, however critters can plug up filter housings and intake hoses. If you have a can of starting fluid or can introduce a dribble of fuel to the intake, then try to start and see in the engine shows signs of life. If yes, then its a fueling issue. If no, then its a spark issue. This will help you dig further into the right avenue and help us give possible solutions. Let us know.