Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Greaseable ball joints

City
Not-US
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE
Just inquiring if there is a brand of ball joint for the front lower control arm that is greaseable. I need to replace a noisy ball joint with a torn boot. I was amazed to find sway bar links that are greaseable and though it would be so nice to find ball joints too. Hell Id buy 2!!!
Im probably chasing fireflies in the dark on this...and younger folk might be asking what the Sam Hell Im talking about!:ROFLMAO: But the world was a better place when suspension and u-joints were serviceable, lol.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
I have looked and not found anything. I strongly suggest that you avoid the cheap ones like Mevotec!
I used Delco ball joint 45D1530 in a front suspension bushing install and rehab thread. I had no problem installing them. I will have to make a thread on installing Zerk fittings on ball joints. It’s definitely a worthwhile thing to do.
You can just buy a grease injection needle and then go around the boot and put more in. That was my solution.

OP
SyntheticAtmosphere
City
Not-US
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE
Thread Starter #3
Ironic enough, if there was a zerk on my current "torn boot" joint I could still keep it alive till at least summer, lol.

I have this available from my local NAPA. It is the premium unit. I will have to verify that it does actually have a greaseable joint or if its a miss-representing file photo.
NAPA fr control arm (left)

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
You don’t want to buy a new control arm when you only need a new ball joint. Ball joint is around 25 bucks. New LCA is way more $$$$.

OP
SyntheticAtmosphere
City
Not-US
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE
Thread Starter #5
LCA is the only way I have been able to source a greaseable BJ at this point. I can justify the LCA as new bushings would be valuable at 200oookm/125ooomi considering the roads I have to deal with round here. I see it as valuable long term and I want this car to last at least 5 more years.

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
Verified, and in my garage awaiting install. The NAPA premium control arm NCT 2607474 (L) and NCT 2607475 (R) has a zerk.
Good to know! I suspect you'll get more than 5 years out of it.

Last edited:

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
That’s great news! The O.E Ford arm is grossly over priced with the throw away ball joint.

Sugarbush

City
Kamloops
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Ford Fiesta SE 2012
might be a bit late but Rockauto.com has 4 options (brand) for control arms. and I think mevotech has a greaseable ball joint. (learned that it needs to be greased at install) needing to replace both left and right on my 2012 fiesta. left is factory, right was the mevotech. will be trying out the Moogs as I have heard good reviews

OP
SyntheticAtmosphere
City
Not-US
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE
Thread Starter #11
The NAPA premium unit might be a Mevotec. With the roads I have to drive on here the greaseable option is key. With proper periodic re-greasing, a ball joint will almost never fail and will last through much more rough service. The Napa premium also has a metal bearing/socket where as some cheaper brands will use plastic...no bueno!
Ball joint 101