Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Google Maps Volume vs Music

DPG

City
London
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2010 Fiesta Titanium
Hi All,

Hoping someone can help me fix an issue I'm having on my 2010 Titanium -

Regardless of whether it's connected via the USB/Aux or Bluetooth, despite being on maximum in the app itself, the volume of google maps through the car's speakers is so quiet as to be essentially impossible to hear.

At the same time, music played through the phone (iPhone) via either connection, or on the car's radio is the correct volume.

I'd read somewhere that to change this, you need to adjust the volume on the car when the navigator on google maps is actually speaking and has cut in over the music. However when I try this by increasing the volume in the car during a navigation command, the command is then a good volume, it stops speaking and the music blows my eardrums out.

I'm hoping there's something i'm missing here - any tips much appreciated!

Many thanks!

City
West Allis
State
WI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Fiesta S
Hi All,

Hoping someone can help me fix an issue I'm having on my 2010 Titanium -

Regardless of whether it's connected via the USB/Aux or Bluetooth, despite being on maximum in the app itself, the volume of google maps through the car's speakers is so quiet as to be essentially impossible to hear.

At the same time, music played through the phone (iPhone) via either connection, or on the car's radio is the correct volume.

I'd read somewhere that to change this, you need to adjust the volume on the car when the navigator on google maps is actually speaking and has cut in over the music. However when I try this by increasing the volume in the car during a navigation command, the command is then a good volume, it stops speaking and the music blows my eardrums out.

I'm hoping there's something i'm missing here - any tips much appreciated!

Many thanks!
Is the volume also low when it's just paying via your phone speakers? I did a quick google search and it seems like you can adjust the volume within google maps itself.

OP
D

DPG

City
London
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2010 Fiesta Titanium
Thread Starter #3
Is the volume also low when it's just paying via your phone speakers? I did a quick google search and it seems like you can adjust the volume within google maps itself.
Yes, on the phone speakers it comes out at a decent volume, and yes, in the app settings themselves, you can select one of three volume options and I'm on the loudest one, but in the car, that is nowhere near loud enough.

Just hoping that the upshot of this won't mean that I have a choice between music or navigation!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Audio-Video, Sync & Electronics 7