Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Confused

City
Romford
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Fiesta ST line 67 plate diesel
When I brake my fiesta now tells me
Brake applied, power reduced
Have looked all over to find something that might cause this, had car 5 years and its only a recent thing
Any ideas??

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Have you noticed a reduction in fuel economy? You don't mention what year Fiesta you have. There may be a malfunction in the abs and traction controls that are causing the warning message. It could be a false signal from a failed ground connection or you might have a wheel bearing that is tightening up and needs replacement. There is a good possibility that you will soon also have a ABS warning light that indicates that the ABS is no longer functioning. That would be a indication of the wheel bearing failing.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
"Brake Applied - Power Reduced" - I mean aside from the obvious...

The issue may be around the brake caliper and if you have drum brakes to the back, Wheel cylinder.

Do you hear grinding noises or feel a pull in the steering (left or right or even a shudder) when you apply the brakes ?

Else this could mean anything from a bad hub/bearing/Tone wheel (ABS or Speed sensor at that hub) that can make the system think you're crippled and or something in the brakes is wrong but has not set the BRAKE light yet because it's not directly with the Braking as in Fluid losses - but in how the system perceives braking effectiveness which is the issues of Hub/Sensor issues.

So will need some further info to help find a solution

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S New Member Introduction 3