Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

brake dust shield/ backing plate front left

Mercurios2011

Premium Account
City
interlachen
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 fiesta se 5spd
Hi there again yall

So this time as I'm ready to replace rotors once again it finally dawn on me my biggest issue and that is,the fact the years back the left front backing plate broke and just threw it away in my shed and never worried about it .

Not thinking much about till now , i have braided lines on ferrocarbon hawk pads with oem " equivalent" rotors and Wagner calipers , as i was spraying the front brakes with brake clean which i do every other week because i live on dirt roads , i finally realized why my right side is much less "record looking" than my left .

i cannot seem to find this part anywhere as is been discontinued , i still have whats left of the backing plate however i much, much rather replace it with a new one since this time i am

getting cast iron rotors to hopefully last me a long long time . Any suggestion on where i may be able to find such a rare part ,all my local auto parts can not get them, neither can't ford

eBay, rock auto, parts geek and amazon are also a no go , including local junk yards. I may be forced to JB rig it and hope for the best .

again guys any suggestions

Attachments