Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

A random sensor

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Can't see the other tip side - past the threaded.

So it looks to be on a harness - noted the Braided sheath to protect it either from abrasion or hot parts.

Seeing how it's not "ventilated" like what an O2 sensor would need - can only presume it is a temperature sure sensor of some kind, dealing with water/coolant or air intake.

Seeing the powdery - thinking it's coolant temp

OP
P
City
Nenagh
State
Non-US
Country
Ireland
What I Drive
2016 st-line
Thread Starter #3
I think its coolant temp to just cant find where it goes my old engine the timing belt blew so i got a new engine but obviously the one i got was tiny bit different and the mechanic i dont think could find where it went and just left it there

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
You'll eventually get either an error - message on the screen (if you have SYNC - light on the dash or the engine will have several quirks you can't explain that will make it operate weird and may make it difficult to operate - else if the sensor is redundant - being that the OTHER motor had it's own sensor wired in the harness as it was transferred over - then that is a different story.

Either way - I don't think it is a good idea to just cut the wires to it, it should have it's harness traced back in the loom and find the connector that makes it merge into the harness - then disconnect it there - it would be easier to identify and also to keep as a spare if the other sensor becomes incompatible with the transplant motor to the new host.

If you can as you "refine this transplant" - we'd like to know how you accomplished this. This system is no longer made so we'd like to know how it works out for you and it may be able to help us in keeping our vehicles on the road longer.

Last edited: