Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Wheel spacers wont fit stock rims?

City
Beverly
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Ford Fiesta SE Hatchback
Hello,

To skip all the politics, yes I know the controversy over running spacers, so getting right to it, I brought my 11 Fiesta SE with a 4x108 bolt pattern to my mechanic to put on hubcentric wheel spacers (also 4x108 and vehicle specific). He then told me that I would not be able to have them put on as they did not fit my stock rims as the bolt patterns did not match. I am running stock rims that say 4x108 everywhere I look including carid, so exactly what is the case?

Rims: https://www.carid.com/replace/15x6-...y03835u20.html?singleid=1120632071&url=844799

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
It must be the diameter of the hub centric spacer that interfaces with hub center drill measurement of the stock wheel. The hub center measure is 63.35. if the spacers are other than that, you have a problem with the spacers, not the wheels.
Spacers are just a bad idea. They have very few positive arguments in their favor. And they have many, many negative effects that range from increased suspension component wear issues to causing strange handling behaviors to being a contributing factor in the root cause of a fatal accident investigation.

Last edited: