Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Video of M sport Fiesta crash into a lake during last Rallye Monte Carlo..

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
The teamwork required to get that totally submerged racecar back up and running is pretty impressive.
Dirtfish gets the credit for this great video. I would have loved to see a time compressed video of the guys repairing the Fiesta!

OP
scotman

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Thread Starter #5
I would love to see the cost spreadsheet for that single incident! Hummn, lets see. Deep water extraction. Intense, around the clock effort from mechanics and engineers. Probably a engine and gearbox exchange. Clean Nomex underpants for driver and navigator. That had to have cost over two hundred thousand dollars just to get it rolling out.

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
Co-driver saves the notes!

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
I would love to see the cost spreadsheet for that single incident! Hummn, lets see. Deep water extraction. Intense, around the clock effort from mechanics and engineers. Probably a engine and gearbox exchange. Clean Nomex underpants for driver and navigator. That had to have cost over two hundred thousand dollars just to get it rolling out.
Mechanics get paid the same whether they are twiddling thumbs or flat out. Been there, done that! Not an added expense for that incident.