Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Upper intake/throttle body cleaning....

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
And also PCV system into the cylinder head for Ecoboost 1.6 engines.
Anyone else out there who is looking for a simple way to apply the cleaner into the intake system without any, or much disassembly?
A dangerous thing occurred the other day, I've been thinking.
What if there was a "port" or nozzel built into the intake tube that would allow the technician to introduce the cleaning chemicals directly into the intake system of a running engine?
The pictures in the next post are of the intake tube modification on a chevy Cruze that will be the guinea pig for this idea.
I will be doing an upper intake cleaning on a pair of non turbo fiesta 1.6 engines in the near future. They are within less than 30,000 miles of each other and i think this would be a perfect opportunity to drag out my inspection camera and do a before and after inspection of the intakes and intake manifold valve ports.
The maintenance i am performing on this 1.4 liter Ecotec engine is a routine procedure that i am trying to simplify by not having to take the intake tube off and reset OBD MILs after i finnish.
My end goal is for this maintenance item to become a very easy and simple procedure. I want to do this modification to the Fiesta as well. The video inspection of the effects is critical to judging the worthiness of this addition.

Last edited:

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
And also PCV system into the cylinder head for Ecoboost 1.6 engines.
Anyone else out there who is looking for a simple way to apply the cleaner into the intake system without any, or much disassembly?
A dangerous thing occurred the other day, I've been thinking.
What if there was a "port" or nozzel built into the intake tube that would allow the technician to introduce the cleaning chemicals directly into the intake system of a running engine?
The pictures in the next post are of the intake tube modification on a chevy Cruze that will be the guinea pig for this idea.
I will be doing an upper intake cleaning on a pair of non turbo fiesta 1.6 engines in the near future. They are within less than 30,000 miles of each other and i think this would be a perfect opportunity to drag out my inspection camera and do a before and after inspection of the intakes and intake manifold valve ports.
The maintenance i am performing on this 1.4 liter Ecotec engine is a routine procedure that i am trying to simplify by not having to take the intake tube off and reset OBD MILs after i finnish.
My end goal is for this maintenance item to become a very easy and simple procedure. I want to do this modification to the Fiesta as well. The video inspection of the effects is critical to judging the worthiness of this addition.
Right on.....tapping my fingers in anticipation.

OP
scotman

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Thread Starter #3
20210817_203207.jpg 20210817_203519.jpg
Right on.....tapping my fingers in anticipation.
Ok! It might be Sunday night before I have anything to post. The project hatchback does not run properly. It has a mil and is misfiring. I tried to warm it up and drive around a bit Monday afternoon. But that was not possible.
The project Fiesta was an insurance auction car. So, it probably spent several months sitting before i dragged it home. Given the condition i have put it in, i don't drive it much or far. It really hates being only run momentarily! The spark plugs are fouling themselves and the oil dipstick smells like fuel.
Thus, i think a tune up that included an upper intake cleaning is a good idea to get done.

Last edited: