Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Trolling for Ideas or Help?

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
I have been a mechanic since my grandpa put tools in my hand at 5, but I don't claim to know everything nor do I want to. The Internet, at the risk of stating the obvious, changed how we look for stuff when we need to fix it (can't remember the last shop manual I owned). With that in mind, I found that trolling the ST forum has been invaluable for finding/solving issues and for getting ideas for my SE. So, if you haven't already checked it out, the ST forum gets way more traffic than we do. And yeah some of it is not pertinent, but there are a lot of basics that cross over. See https://www.fiestastforum.com/. Carry on!

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
I have been a mechanic since my grandpa put tools in my hand at 5, but I don't claim to know everything nor do I want to. The Internet, at the risk of stating the obvious, changed how we look for stuff when we need to fix it (can't remember the last shop manual I owned). With that in mind, I found that trolling the ST forum has been invaluable for finding/solving issues and for getting ideas for my SE. So, if you haven't already checked it out, the ST forum gets way more traffic than we do. And yeah some of it is not pertinent, but there are a lot of basics that cross over. See https://www.fiestastforum.com/. Carry on!
I also own both versions of Fiesta. I am registered on both sites as well.
The ST site will be a valuable resource for the buyers of FiST that were heavily modified. Each FiST becomes increasingly unique as the mods are added. In many cases, a heavily modified Fiesta ST will be transformed into something that is only a faint semblance of the stock vehicle. This is where a comprehensive build book and maintenance record will add value to a modified Fiesta ST.
I still believe that the Ford shop manual cd is the best first source of information.