Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Sync HELP

jakew8

City
orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Ford Fiesta SE
Hi, I just joined the forum. I realize that this response is almost a year late, but this posting describes the same problem I'm having, so maybe someone could help. After the usual troubleshooting (tried factory reset but can't access the menu for that, then pulled fuse, disconnect battery) ended up taking it to the dealer. They said the APIM module needs to be replaced and wanted $1000 bucks for that. I found the module in the car under the glove box and pulled it out (picture attached). The part number on this module is GE8T-14D212-AD and I found one on EBAY, but the last letter is a "C", not a "D" i.e. GE8T-14D212-AC, all the other numbers match. Also, the EBAY posting says that it's for a Ford Ranger not a Fiesta. I'm sure Ford would use the same module on many of its cars and that the letter difference in the part number is probably just a revision number, but I thought I would ask the Forum for opinions as to compatibility. Thanks for your response.
I am WAY late to this so I'm hoping someone can tell me, but my 2016 Fiesta has part #GE8T-14D212-AC and it is completely dead. I found one for sale with #GE8T-14D212-AD and I am trying to find out if its compatible. Basically I have the reverse of your problem. Are the 2016 and 2017 fiesta sync modules interchangeable?

Carm

City
Cobourg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2017 Fiesta
I don't know and I was never able to find info on the difference between those revisions. The module was only fifty bucks on ebay, so I took a chance. It is still working to date but it is quirky, sometimes it disconnects, but comes back ok. I ended up having another problem a few months later with the whole radio/display/apim system, where the display would not power down when you turn the ignition off and killing the battery (yup unbelievable), but not sure if related. I resolved that by rewiring the display to a switchable power source.

Giueeuu

City
New York
State
DC
Country
United States
What I Drive
FORD FIESTA 2017
Hi guys I have a 2017 fiesta and the sync module appears to be bad. The radio shows a low batt icon and only the radio works. No voice control this is the module of my car .GE8T-14D212-AD I can't find anywhere this specific module is there another one that's compatible? It's for the basic radio with voice control. Thanks

Last edited:

Carm

City
Cobourg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2017 Fiesta
In my experience, some things will not work if you don't have the same part number. In my case only the last letter of the part number was different (a "C" instead of a "D"), and as a result voice recognition doesn't work. In my case the difference is the software version, I should have 4.7, but the replacement "C" module comes with 4.6. I tried getting a software upgrade from Ford but they tell me I have to go to a dealer and pay them to do the upgrade, when all they need to do is send me the software on an email and I can do it myself.

As an aside I was looking to buy their F150 Lighting now that the price has come down a bit, but when I saw they have SYNC 4 in that vehicle, I'm staying away. Can you imagine the software problems Ford will have with an all electric vehicle when they can't even manage a simple sound system in a Fiesta???