Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Special tool for removing trim clips?

City
West Allis
State
WI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Fiesta S
Hey there,

I need a special tool to remove those plastic clips / grommets from trim pieces right?

Can any direct me on which tool I need for that?

Specifically asking because I'm going to take the wheel well liner out to put in mud guards.

Thanks for any help!

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Hey there,

I need a special tool to remove those plastic clips / grommets from trim pieces right?

Can any direct me on which tool I need for that?

Specifically asking because I'm going to take the wheel well liner out to put in mud guards.

Thanks for any help!
If you are wanting to remove the front fender splash shields the retaining clips or pins are removed with a special pliers. I will try to find the brand name and item number. I will update you here soon.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
I thought that it had an item number on it. But no. Heres a couple of images of the tool. The small slotted screwdriver and the plastic prying tool also are nice to have when working on these pins. 20221102_192514.jpg 20221102_192546.jpg 20221102_192607.jpg

OP
Devastate
City
West Allis
State
WI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Fiesta S
Thread Starter #4
I thought that it had an item number on it. But no. Heres a couple of images of the tool. The small slotted screwdriver and the plastic prying tool also are nice to have when working on these pins. View attachment 7155 View attachment 7156 View attachment 7157
Thank you for this, from what I understand you just do a half turn with the screw driver to get it to pop up, then lift it out with the prying tool I take it? I can try to research if there's like a specific one I need and get back to the forum with anything I find. I will post my results here when I get there.

OP
Devastate
City
West Allis
State
WI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Fiesta S
Thread Starter #5
What do you think about this?
1667506800738.png

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
I have a kit something like that. it has a prying tool. But it is not compatible with the ford pins.
The dirt and grime in the wheel wells really creeps into the pins. Don’t be surprised if the center pins give you a fight to loosen them enough to get them out. Just be careful and patient as you work on them.