Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Some small problems with my 2016 Fiesta SE

shelby831

City
Monterey
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Ford Fiesta SE
I've been having a few small issues with my Ford Fiesta lately. I'm not sure if I'm being paranoid from having constant car troubles in the past or if there are actual problems I need to fix.

1) My car stalls after I fill up my gas tank (I've read through forms here and will more than likely be switching out the purge valve)

2) After getting gas the other day, my Fiesta turned over fine, but once in "drive" it was acting like it was in neutral. No power at the gas pedal and just rolling. I turned it off for a minute or two (as I panicked! lol) and tried again, once I started it up (took maybe half a second longer than normal for it to click over) and it was fine.

3) Driving it today I noticed it was struggling to Idle at the stop lights, it sounded like it was going to just shut off almost every time I came to a complete stop. It never did shut off but I was worried it would.

I just got the oil changed a few weeks ago, checked all my fluids this morning, everything looks and smells normal! There are no light popping up on my car to tell me if there is an issue, but I feel like there is. I don't know any type of mechanic near me that I could ask and I really don't want to take it into a shop for them to either rip me off (which has happened in the past) or have them not even look into it seriously and fix the wrong parts, leaving me with the same issues (which has also happened in the past).

I'm hoping I will be able to fix some of the smaller issues myself, not only to save money, but also so I can learn to do the little upkeeps on my car myself. I also know very little about cars so I don't even know where to start to be honest.

Thank you to anyone who can possibly help or lead me in the right direction!

OP
S

shelby831

City
Monterey
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Ford Fiesta SE
Thread Starter #3
Looks like you got some answers on the ST forum.
I did! But I didn’t know I was on an ST forum, and didn’t know that I couldn’t use ST parts on an SE so I figured I’d try to cover all my bases with others who actually have an SE and not ST 😊

as stated before I know almost nothing about cars so wanted to see if I was missing something with this particular model. But thanks.

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
I did! But I didn’t know I was on an ST forum, and didn’t know that I couldn’t use ST parts on an SE so I figured I’d try to cover all my bases with others who actually have an SE and not ST 😊

as stated before I know almost nothing about cars so wanted to see if I was missing something with this particular model. But thanks.
If it's a hatch, the parts should be identical. I don't know about coupes. I would guess that all models use the same parts there, but I can't swear to it.