Slowly dragging one to the grave....

Reactions
I finally got the time to drag the front half of a vandalized 2012 Fiesta sedan onto the hoist and remove the engine and transaxle. It runs and drives great, but the body was too mangled to save. The rear of the this one is being slowly converted into a gas grill (on a retractable arm out of the trunk compartment ) and a C02 fed keg beer tap system in the front! So, this party car is destined to be a party in front and back! I have added a towing tongue to the bodytub after welding the rear doors shut. I'm still working on the lid over the former back seat area. It's a lot of work. IMG_20190615_125012.jpg IMG_20190617_151140.jpg IMG_20190617_151108.jpg

HeatonJL

Reactions
That sounds pretty cool. Are you going to share photos of the grill build?

OP
scotman
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
That sounds pretty cool. Are you going to share photos of the grill build?
Yes. I will. But, it won't be a how to build tutorial. I originally bought the vandalized Fiesta sedan specifically for the front crash beam, core support and coolers. The car was basically half cut up by it's owner who decided that he no longer needed to take his anti psychotic medications, the end result of it all being one 68 thousand mile 2012 Fiesta with a huge hole in the back, no roof air bags or center roof panel, no back window, no package shelf, no trunk lid or hinges, no tail lamp wires, no back seat. You can imagine a worst case scenario short of it being undrivable and you are pretty close to what I have to work with! The idea of a Fiesta party grill/trailer is slow to happen because of how butchered the tub is. My primary focus is on building a Fiesta hatchback into a beach style, open car for a family friend who lives in Naples, Florida. Where a car like that is perfectly in its element. The grill is just a way to recycle some leftover Fiesta stuff.