Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Removing 2015 SE Grill *&#^@#*

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
Oh man, looked on Youtube...tugged, pulled, used my plastic clip tools, swore, pulled more. What is the deal? I want to dip the grill to remove the chrome look. I know I can do it on the car with a ton of masking, but I really would like to do it off the car. Any help appreciated.

Photoshopped look at the future...

1609708348610.png

Last edited:

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
You'll need to get onto Ebay and those sites to see how that Grille works.

It's not like YouTube "Tear off" vids, those are EU models that they do that to..

In the US, they've got "bolts" that screw onto the front cover that go into the front fenders - that's how the grille stays on the vehicle - else others would have ripped them off a long time ago and you'd be using chicken wire to keep out the birds insects and squirrels that all get sucked up into the radiator.

You have to remove that front cover, then you'll see how they use "tab to Tang" inserts, you place the Grille in, then the chrome trim, fits over and snaps it into place on the grille. The tabs expand into the tangs, and that is how it's held in place.

So to remove that grille to even change the insert, you'd have to take apart that front "skirt or apron" yes, the entire thing, which houses the Fog lamp, lower bumper grille and Front grille. In order to gain access to those tabs

Then you have to bolt the whole mess back on.

There's a few You tube vids about how they approach the concepts of removal of that front cover, to obtain access, then reinstall - it's a little tricky and not easily done using one person.

1609717728823.png
Here's a link to the VID Is saw this on...
This Space under Development
Not saying it's not possible
He did it, just time consuming and hope that by
watching the vid, you can keep the number of errors and scratches down

Last edited:
OP
LionsTooth

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #3
You'll need to get onto Ebay and those sites to see how that Grille works. It's not like YouTube "Tear off" vids, those are EU models that they do that to..
Got it now. No amount of pulling would remove a US grill. Looks like a job for next weekend! Thanks, Handy Andy!

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
It's a tremendous amount of work to remove the grill. That is also true of the lower grill on the 2011 to 2013 Fiesta. Interlocking tabs, like a giant, very rigid oversized zipper.

OP
LionsTooth

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #5
It's a tremendous amount of work to remove the grill. That is also true of the lower grill on the 2011 to 2013 Fiesta. Interlocking tabs, like a giant, very rigid oversized zipper.
Yep, gonna mask off with five miles of tape & paper!

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
I gotta take the front off to install my new intercooler. Not looking forward to it. :rolleyes:

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
This is about replacing the intercooler, but it shows how to take the front off.

City
Denver
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Ford Fiesta SE
I was literally trying to pull the grill off just the other day, I spent a solid 2 hours trying to pry it off like the EU fiestas....wish i would have read this post! Was trying to install one of the zetec honeycomb grills.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
I know...

YT has some vids that are hilarious to watch - but hey...those "brits" have been known for their humor...[drinking]