Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Radio replacement/upgrade

City
Garner
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 ford fiesta S
Hi, I do have a 2015 Ford Fiesta S(hatchback).Recently my radio went bad, and my SYNC version is V4 Gen 1. I do want to replace my radio/upgrade with something after market something more reliable and at the fair price. My only problem is ...I don't know what to buy, I checked on line, YouTube, etc, and they are not clear as far as how to install, everything is vague. Can anybody please help me find the right publication, or link, on how to install an aftermarket radio for my type of vehicle? I am pretty handy, but as I stated before everything I looked into , their presentations are not sufficient. Thank you so much .

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
Hi, I do have a 2015 Ford Fiesta S(hatchback)....everything is vague....
Copy that! I am interested in this thread and if I see anything I will post it here. Just starting to look...o_O

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
Not very encouraging, really. I looked at a few places but I trust and have bought stuff from Crutchfield.com before. Radios for 2015 FF HBs. But they need a substantial kit to make it fit in the dash ($285) and adapt the factor wiring; it appears to mount more or less where the CD player is; using a new lower dash panel. Some have Bluetooth & SYNC compatibility, others don't. The SYNC screen stays in place and the new unit sits in front of it...seems clunky/ungraceful to me.

1612051219120.png

OP
C
City
Garner
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 ford fiesta S
Thread Starter #5
Not very encouraging, really. I looked at a few places but I trust and have bought stuff from Crutchfield.com before. Radios for 2015 FF HBs. But they need a substantial kit to make it fit in the dash ($285) and adapt the factor wiring; it appears to mount more or less where the CD player is; using a new lower dash panel. Some have Bluetooth & SYNC compatibility, others don't. The SYNC screen stays in place and the new unit sits in front of it...seems clunky/ungraceful to me.

View attachment 4529
Thank you so much.You are absolutely right! There are kits to buy, I tryed to buy the original radio , and pretty much everybody is out of stock, except the used one which I did not want to risk it.I really appreciate it your help.