Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Radio Issue

City
Bedford
State
NH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Fiesta
I am having a problem with my 2013 radio. The display goes on and station is there, but there's no sound. I've tried turning it on and off and there doesn't seem to be any mysterious wires having anywhere. Is the display and volume on the same fuse? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
Is possible it is accessing your phone and nothing is playing on your phone. Try turning off Bluetooth on your phone. Longshot...but I had that happen with a TV not long ago. It was trying to access my earbuds but I wanted to listen through the TV speakers...finally I found my earbud was on and when I turned it off the TV started sending audio to the TV speakers, not the earbud.

Last edited:

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
I am having a problem with my 2013 radio. The display goes on and station is there, but there's no sound. I've tried turning it on and off and there doesn't seem to be any mysterious wires having anywhere. Is the display and volume on the same fuse? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Do you get sound from anything else...like the CD player or USB (if equipped)? Is the antenna plugged in the back of the unit (probably just gives you static, but...).

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
You raise a good point, and maybe a bad one...

It deals with how Sync and the Radio, share the same fuse in one line to power them together...

The Radio "box" in the Dash is kept separate for a reason.

The Radio "box" that holds the audio amp/USB/AUX - is fused separately.

1607041684073.png

Why would this be bad?

Well if a fuse did blow, you'd lose the ability to even tune the radio; no presets no nothing - also could affect SYNC (if equipped) and all it's memory.

Depends on which fuse blew.

If one or the other fuse simply blew due to a short or overload, that's one thing, replace it.
  • - but it may need service if replacing the fuses doesn't bring it back.
Because the wiring may have overloaded, and wire feeding the amp may have opened or the audio amp inside the "box" is toast...

Sync may have lost "memory" and won't work right (defaults on every time you start the vehicle) - clock e&c...