Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

radio delete

Lbrocato

City
Pasadena
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Ford Fiesta Se
If I delete the radio in my 2019 Ford Fiesta Se , will I lose the rear view cam? If so is their a way to bring the functionality back? what dash trim kit do i need to buy to make the radio delete happen? Snice I bought the car i been driving with the audio/sync fuse out .

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Lose the Rear view, viewer? well, er- no unless you are going to remove the APIM (Display) you can yank out the Sync unit, but the vehicle will lite just about every dash light it's able to send power to - but it is only to let you know that it's confused...

A Radio "delete" you'd have to remove most of the console to get at that head radio unit - it's communication is done thru the SYNC unit under the Glovebox.

The APIM is the Accessory Protocol Interface Module - uses SYNC heavily to give you information on vehicle and even communicate to the radio and it's own features - it's the display head so when you "delete" a radio you'll need to keep the Console so you can still navigate - if it will let you.

Body control module and SRS - even the POD display might become erratic in operation because the SYNC holds and interprets and uses the APIM to display key information - it communicates with nearly every portion of the car connected to the CAN/OBD-II USB Asynchronous interface ...your Gauge Pods, the Dashboard - and includes ABS, SRS even the TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitor System)

Sure you can remove the Radio but it will come at a price...Delete the SYNC - then you WILL lose your Rear Cam display from the APIM

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
The idea of an upgrade to a Din1 tablet screen audio unit is very appealing. This type of display looks like the audio display in the mk8 Fiesta.
Given that a lot of the HMI is through the audio stack. I would have a difficult time with the sheer amount of work that would be required to keep functions like reverse camera and basic vehicle menu items like oil life monitor resets and messages. 42843366775_ccc13dbd60_b-1.jpg

OP
Lbrocato

Lbrocato

City
Pasadena
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Ford Fiesta Se
Thread Starter #4
I think keep the sync and delete the Radio

OP
Lbrocato

Lbrocato

City
Pasadena
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Ford Fiesta Se
Thread Starter #5
Do I have to drop the headliner so I can take off the factory antenna ? I going to replace the factory antenna with a cb antenna and mount in President Randy FCC handheld cb and swith to control the power to front cigarette power plug

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Yes, you'll find antennas up there - under the headliner as well as SRS airbags.

One mounts to the Front window - and when you take out the Radio - might disable the GPS side of it because SYNC uses the Radio as it's communications aside from the BT that is on board Sync. Everything else is routed thru the Head unit. The GPS unit is that black box cemented to the front window.

OP
Lbrocato

Lbrocato

City
Pasadena
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Ford Fiesta Se
Thread Starter #7
Yes, you'll find antennas up there - under the headliner as well as SRS airbags.

One mounts to the Front window - and when you take out the Radio - might disable the GPS side of it because SYNC uses the Radio as it's communications aside from the BT that is on board Sync. Everything else is routed thru the Head unit. The GPS unit is that black box cemented to the front window.
I moved my conversation over to build https://www.fordfiesta.org/threads/the-perfect-road-trip-and-highway-fiesta.8412/#post-21758