Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Purge Valve

Kogur

City
Buffalo
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta
Hey folks!

My daughter has a P0456 code on her 2018 Fiesta. I was doing a little research and the most common thing I can find is the purge valve... Duralast part#PV968. I cannot find it lol.

Am I blind? Is this not the right part? Any help would be wonderful!

Attachments

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Now when the issue of P0456 comes up, it's a generic term for the many points of entry and exit the Fuel system has to vapors to escape and if the volume is too great - the system throws a code for Leak, doesn't mean it's dripping and ready to ignite - but the check engine light comes on due to this condition.

So, the purge valve is a good start, and may fix it, but if it doesn't, please don't go throwing money away because there may be other areas you need to check in the system -before you just go try another part, then another part then a whole set of parts you might as well buy the whole car all over again...once piece at a time, so the song goes...

I'm referring to the Fuel Tank Fill valve, that little thing that keeps people from sticking their fingers in there and or idiots trying to siphon gas - being the cheapskates they are...

Just check the valve and make sure it SEATS - as if; it can close and seat to form a seal. Because? Things like - dirt, debris, dust sand - snow ice and water can get in there affecting this seal and degrade the seal - even the "mouth" of the unit is in two pieces, one screws into the other so it can even be mounted in that little dimple - so it's best to "start the engine" and let it run then go back there and work that vane/seal flap to see if you can hear a small vacuum being formed or if there is a hiss in the area. Then also check the front system too, there is a nylon hose its rigid hose, that comes from the valve to the engines intake manifold just under the throttle body and snorkel. If that has come loose - it can set this code too.

OP
K

Kogur

City
Buffalo
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta
Thread Starter #4
Thank you and I will check that out. In the meantime, since I already bought the part.... any idea where the thing is located? I can't find it! Lol

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Oh, it's here...in the front engine compartment - right above the snorkel - you know - that ribbed hose thingy...

1648430135863.png
1648430448475.png
\

Last edited:

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
They both would work, but one has the right angle - does yours have that same connector - straight off versus a low-profile?

The Connector "ends" the ones that hook up to the pigtail, are or should be the same - they both would work - just from different manufacturing sources.

OP
K

Kogur

City
Buffalo
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta
Thread Starter #8
They both would work, but one has the right angle - does yours have that same connector - straight off versus a low-profile?

The Connector "ends" the ones that hook up to the pigtail, are or should be the same - they both would work - just from different manufacturing sources.
The one on the car looks like the one with the right angle and the one i bought is the other one. The hoses seem pretty stiff and like they wouldn't easily conform to changing from horizontal to vertical alignment.

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
Oh. Maybe you can get the part # off the old one.