Poor fuel mileage

FLFiesta

Reactions
New member from NW Florida. Picked up a 2019 fiesta SE after my Nissan Versa was totalled by a tourist on vacation down here. So far Its a nice car but the gas mileage is far below what I would expect for a compact car that is rated at 27 mpg city. I average about 22 mpg and get about 250 miles out of a tank and just recently hit 1000 miles. I dont hot rod it, don't drive it in sport mode and don't have a lead foot so I made an appointment with the dealership to see if they could troubleshoot it and find out what the problem is. I know several other people with Fiestas who tell me they are getting in the high 20s and even close to 30 even during stop and go city driving so I am at a loss as to why this might be happening. Has anyone else had this issue?

MKVIIST

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
I've rarely gotten anywhere close to 22mpg average in my Fiesta. Lots of times I average 19-20mpg.

OP
F

FLFiesta

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
I've rarely gotten anywhere close to 22mpg average in my Fiesta. Lots of times I average 19-20mpg.
What year and mileage? These things should be getting at the very least in the mid 20s during city driving and low to mid 30s on the hwy. I have 2 friends who both drive fiestas who get in the high 20s in town.

MKVIIST

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
What year and mileage? These things should be getting at the very least in the mid 20s during city driving and low to mid 30s on the hwy. I have 2 friends who both drive fiestas who get in the high 20s in town.
'14 Fiesta 46k miles

Reactions
New member from NW Florida. Picked up a 2019 fiesta SE after my Nissan Versa was totalled by a tourist on vacation down here. So far Its a nice car but the gas mileage is far below what I would expect for a compact car that is rated at 27 mpg city. I average about 22 mpg and get about 250 miles out of a tank and just recently hit 1000 miles. I dont hot rod it, don't drive it in sport mode and don't have a lead foot so I made an appointment with the dealership to see if they could troubleshoot it and find out what the problem is. I know several other people with Fiestas who tell me they are getting in the high 20s and even close to 30 even during stop and go city driving so I am at a loss as to why this might be happening. Has anyone else had this issue?
Even though it's a new car, I would still have a dealership tech do a close inspection for either brake drag at one or more wheels or more possibly a bad wheel bearing. That will kill fuel economy.

Reactions
My '19 Fiesta SE 5-speed is ~850 miles and the average MPG is at 35.2, and I do a pretty even amount of city/hwy miles