Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Paint coming off 2019 SE at car wash

City
AUBURN
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Fiesta
Has anybody had paint come off at the self serve car wash? I had numerous pieces of paint come off from all parts of the car. I noticed the first on the hood, then one on the trunk which looks like the water pressure pushed the paint. They are not large pieces but they do go down to the primer. The car in question is a "new" 2019 ford fiesta se black. It was bought "new" with 260 miles in May. I brought it to the dealer and had to wait an hour for a "professional" photographer to take photos of the damage. The dealer called again and said the pictures needed to be redone. I brought it in and they took them again. The dealer called today and said Ford denied to repair them in a voicemail. I find it ridiculous that a 5 month old car has paint issues already. I just bought a paint pen to fix Ford's shoddy paint job. I feel this will be one of the many pens I will end up buying. Has anyone else had issues with their paint? The pictures are just a few of the spots. I already went through and painted in the pits. I found another person that had an issue here

https://www.carcomplaints.com/Ford/Fiesta/2019/body_paint/paint_chipping.shtml
IMG_20190925_151209_605.jpg IMG_20190925_151209_605.jpg MVIMG_20190929_125556.jpg IMG_20190929_140604_225.jpg

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Ford can refuse to fix paint chips. That's wear and tear. But paint lifting off primered metal and plastic, that's another thing altogether! If you went ahead and touched it up with a brush, you now own that one. Ford is not going to pay to fix your fix.

OP
P
City
AUBURN
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Fiesta
Thread Starter #3
Ford can refuse to fix paint chips. That's wear and tear. But paint lifting off primered metal and plastic, that's another thing altogether! If you went ahead and touched it up with a brush, you now own that one. Ford is not going to pay to fix your fix.
I understand that, but the fact that Ford basically told me to shove it on a 5 month old car is what gets me. I know nobody gets anywhere with their nonexistent customer service so I decided to bite the bullet and just repair it.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
I understand that, but the fact that Ford basically told me to shove it on a 5 month old car is what gets me. I know nobody gets anywhere with their nonexistent customer service so I decided to bite the bullet and just repair it.
So.... What were you looking for? Paint peeling off the bumper and hood is not something that is expected.
I would have come back saying something like " so, I should just wait for the rust to appear and then put in a rust perforation warranty claim? It sounds like you gave up almost as fast as the paint job!