Overheating

Jobo

Hey folks. I have a 2014 se. I was sitting with it running, no ac on, and it started steaming like it was overheating. I got out and looked and it seemed like it was just water on the ground. So I pooped the hood and the coolant reservoir was full as it should be. I grabbed a napkin and dipped it in the puddle and it wasn’t red like the coolant is. I got in and turned it on and the red temperature check light was on but the temperature bar was in the middle. Went to move and it didn’t want to go and was shaking pretty bad so I stopped and turned it off again. Went to move a little later and the red light was gone but temperature bar was all the way hot. It shook some but I made it about 1/10th if a mile where I could leave it and come back. I’m no mechanic but I can google. I think it may be the water pump or thermostat. Any idea what may be going on? Thanks in advance!

Jordan

Hey folks. I have a 2014 se. I was sitting with it running, no ac on, and it started steaming like it was overheating. I got out and looked and it seemed like it was just water on the ground. So I pooped the hood and the coolant reservoir was full as it should be. I grabbed a napkin and dipped it in the puddle and it wasn’t red like the coolant is. I got in and turned it on and the red temperature check light was on but the temperature bar was in the middle. Went to move and it didn’t want to go and was shaking pretty bad so I stopped and turned it off again. Went to move a little later and the red light was gone but temperature bar was all the way hot. It shook some but I made it about 1/10th if a mile where I could leave it and come back. I’m no mechanic but I can google. I think it may be the water pump or thermostat. Any idea what may be going on? Thanks in advance!

Jordan
. So, you were driving the car in stop and go traffic and the issue became apparent? Or, you were just pulled in and idling from an period of driving at a speed above 45 mph? You are pretty vague about the driving situation just prior to the overheating. How many miles are on the car? Have you had to top up the coolant in the recent past, or had a coolant system maintenance done? Did you notice if the radiator cooling fan was working or not? Is your Fiesta a 1.6 four or a 1.0 three cylinder? It's very difficult to make a reasoned determination without a good level of understanding of the situation that it occurred .