Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Orange Coolant - Discontinued?

everson38

City
Birmingham
State
WV
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys,

Just recently watched a video (from an American youtuber) about ford discontinuing the orange Coolant that is in my ford fiesta 2015 1.0 ecoboost, for a gold colour one?

Is this true in the UK , as.i was.planning on changing my coolant in the summer?

Ps if anyone knows what's it's called / spec to see if I can order online compared to stealership , would be a bonus

Thanks

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Ford has been using what they call Gold antifreeze-coolant in certain Taurus and Focus cooling systems since about 1996. In north America it's Motorcraft part number is VC-7-B. It is recommended that it be mixed 50 percent with distilled water. This is a very good product. But it is very toxic. Im unaware of any yellow coolant specific to Ford cars.
I would have to recommend that you visit a Ford dealer parts counterman. They can verify if this type of coolant is compatible with your Fiesta. 20210129_165252.jpg

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
I cannot speak to the compatibility of this type of coolant to the Fiesta. It was what was required for a 1997 sable wagon i had for eight years and the 2002 focus i have been driving for a winter vehicle since 2016. It has not been an issue with either car. The cooling systems were very clean and free of scum, particles or corrosion..