Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

New kid in town!

LDove

City
Herald
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 ford fiesta S
Hi all I'm new just signed up. I'm having issues with my 12 volt-- I can't get it out to replace it! Help thanks

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
It's not very complicated. But it takes four hands to do it! Oh well. That was probably why i have seen a few of them in salvage yard Fiesta that were broken and laying loose. Welcome to the forum!

Last edited:

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
1654961527939.png
1654961641211.png

You can see the tabs - and you remove it by pressing on those tabs from the inside hollow to push the tabs out.
1655084267936.png

1654961961467.png

Then the insert then pops out thru the top - replacement is similar in reverse, only your connector is installed then the whole thing is pushed back down into the collar. You just align the tabs. Snaps into place.

1654962248093.png

To help in getting it out, some upward pressure helps once the tabs are pushed in - the tabs then keep out and the other tabs holding it can then be pushed out from inside - then the sleeve that the socket is, pops up and out

Thanks to @econoboxrocks - for the search for Auto Repair Guys
Per the video...

Due to a HD crash, I had lost much of my build documentation for swapping out the original trim console from the cubby which smacked my elbow and arm as it is a manual, not an automatic - to a sloping trim - the lower piece was kept the upper piece unit clips into it - and gave me an extra socket to install BEHIND the console for the back seat. Where we kept the pups and allowed us access to the back seat without having that upper cubby in the console in the way.

My experience was to find and build the electrical connector to plug it in and route the wiring accordingly. I use 14AWG wire and had 1/4" spade lugs done-up on a homemade harness.

Last edited: