Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How do you remove the front license plate bracket?

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Okay guys, I might be beating a dead horse, but how do you actually remove the brackets? I took a drill with a stripped bolt head remover bit to the 2 rivets that is holding the bracket to the bumper and its just spinning and spinning, not going anywhere. Can someone share in detail how they got it off? thanks [wrenchin]

If its spinning then you need a larger diameter bit, the rivets spun when I tried drilling mine and with a larger bit they popped right off

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Hold the rivet head still and drill it again. You have not yet broken the two rivets. A needle nose pliers might be just the ticket. You probably need a larger drill bit.

Try a larger drill bit.

The plate holder is secured ONLY by two plastic tabs and the rivets. This is literally all there is holding it on. Once you've drilled that out there are two tabs that hold the plate holder on. Gently pulling it should allow it to pop right off. I now pop my front plate on-off as desired.

Again, there is nothing more to it than those two rivets. Drill the rivets again.

OP
airjor13

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
Hold the rivet head still and drill it again. You have not yet broken the two rivets. A needle nose pliers might be just the ticket. You probably need a larger drill bit.

Try a larger drill bit.

The plate holder is secured ONLY by two plastic tabs and the rivets. This is literally all there is holding it on. Once you've drilled that out there are two tabs that hold the plate holder on. Gently pulling it should allow it to pop right off. I now pop my front plate on-off as desired.

Again, there is nothing more to it than those two rivets. Drill the rivets again.
Thanks blue, that sounds like a plan, I am going to give it another shot first thing tomorrow morning

I would not be able to put up with the holes in the bumper, or the plugs in the bumper! I will be searching and waiting (or ordering) a FiST with all of the right options and no front plate!

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
I would not be able to put up with the holes in the bumper, or the plugs in the bumper! I will be searching and waiting (or ordering) a FiST with all of the right options and no front plate!
LOL good luck with that. even if you request it to the highest level and make the biggest stink about it, I will be you $20 your car will show up with the plateholder bastard riveted straight through the fascia
I guarantee some hapless idiot will do it the moment it gets off the railcar.

Bumper Plugs unfortunately doesn't have Performance Blue :(

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
LOL good luck with that. even if you request it to the highest level and make the biggest stink about it, I will be you $20 your car will show up with the plateholder bastard riveted straight through the fascia

That's what happened to me, ordered by car without the front bumper plate bracket and it showed up with it lol.[?|]

I'd be pissed! I'd also refuse to take the car because I would specified a million times that I don't want a front plate!

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Well I think i have seen one out of ALL the ST's that posted their delivery on a few boards that came from the Factory without a front plate bracket. So you may get lucky and be the second.. we can hope . Ford seems to think they ALL need it ...

One of the dealers around me has two ST's without front plates and another one has one without one. Hopefully mine doesn't get one when I eventually order one!

What type of drill bit do I need? Would someone take a picture?

I'm basically supposed to use a particular drill bit, drill through the hole on the rivet, then it will come out?

caliboy15

Want to remove my front plates. But I got pulled over already by not having one on my other car

So yeah, ill keep it for now

Want to remove my front plates. But I got pulled over already by not having one on my other car

So yeah, ill keep it for now
I'm in the same situation. I got pulled over in my old Honda for no plate twice. Got warnings both times, but it could have been a ticket. Texas is a two-plate state. I really wanted to pull my front plate on the ST, but it looks like I'm just going to have to live with it. FML... Maybe there's a way to mount the plate somewhere lower on the car and then plug the holes around the bumper/grille.

And here I am trying to put a bracket *on* my Fiesta. Lol! Buy your cars from Michigan, if possible. I didn't see a single ST with a front plate until I moved last month. I didn't know I'd move out of state when I bought my car, and I threw away the front bracket that was in the hatch.