Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

My Ford touch to sync 3

City
Virginia Beach
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
14 Fiesta SE
I have a 14 Fiesta SE with my Ford touch, does anybody know if I can get a sync 3 module and swap them out? I can't seem to find any info online

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
I have a 14 Fiesta SE with my Ford touch, does anybody know if I can get a sync 3 module and swap them out? I can't seem to find any info online
I imagine the dealer would be really expensive. You need to find a car that is getting parted-out, go to a pick & pull or junkyard, Craigslist, run a Want to Buy post here, maybe Ebay.

OP
Wunmanband
City
Virginia Beach
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
14 Fiesta SE
Thread Starter #3
Yeah there's no way I would do it through the dealer, I've been watching my local yards for the right car to go get one from, I'm wondering if the units are physically compatible. Like if I took the module out of my car, would a sync 3 hook into the same plugs?

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
Yeah there's no way I would do it through the dealer, I've been watching my local yards for the right car to go get one from, I'm wondering if the units are physically compatible. Like if I took the module out of my car, would a sync 3 hook into the same plugs?
Try YouTube...I believe I have seen it done there.

z_artem

City
San Jose
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Fiesta ST
Short answer to your question: yes. I have the same car and successfully completed the upgrade. Here are several notes:
1. Sync 3 APIM uses the same connector as MFT or Sync 2 and can be connected as-is without any wiring or soldering
2. Sync 3 screen is not compatible with Sync 2 screen and shall be replaced
3. Sync3 needs GPS antenna for compass and time synchronization
4. USB hub in the central console from Sync2 cars does not support iPhone connection and requires an update with Ford part number HC3Z-19A387-E
5. Connector adapter is needed to connect the new USB hub

eBay has the complete conversion kit: https://www.ebay.com/itm/275487110606

I used Sync3 from 2019 Ford Fiesta, made no programming for APIM. I followed instructions from this video:

Last edited: