Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

mk7 grinding noise

City
great yarmouth
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
mk7 zetec s
hi there . ive got a mk7 zetec s thats got a little problem. everytime i brake there is a grinding noissee from the left front wheel . i have replaced the discs and the brake pads but the noise is still there .there is no play in any of the bearings or rubber joints and the noise dont occure when its wet or in reverse. as you can imagine its driving my nuts . any thoughts would be helpful . many thanks

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
I would suspect the CV axle. If you have not replaced the drive axle, you should do a close inspection! One way to narrow down the culprit of driveline noises is to find a smooth and level roadway that is not crowded. Accelerate to around 90 Km/h and take the transmission out of gear, and then gently brake normally. Did the pitch or tone of the noise change, decrease or go away altogether?
I have also seen worn CV axles that caused strange vibrations while driving in top gear on the interstate at steady speed. The more typical telltale of worn CV axles are clicking/ grinding when making a tight turn.
Good luck on sorting out that issue!