Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Making a MK8 into off-road machine?

Ethan

City
Liverpool
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2017 Ford Fiesta
Hello all,
Apologies if this isn't the correct section to post in.
I come from a family that has large cars, land rovers, mitsubishi and so on as we live in the countryside of sunny UK.
Recently, I got a MK8 1.1L 2017 Fiesta N/A Zetec which although is completely an economy car so my insurance doesn't cost an arm, I would like to make it an off-road car if possible.
I'm aware that there is a sort-of off-road version of the Fiesta however I would like to modify my own car to make it possible to go off-roading in some capacity.
I was wondering what mods I could do for this, e.g. bigger wheels, suspension, etc however I need suggestions as to what parts to pick and what would be suitable for my car.
Thanks.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Anything is possible, i guess. Send me $125,000 U.S. dollars in 50 dollar bills and i will get back to you with a proposal! It would have such a small amount of Fiesta left intact that I would have to point out the Fiesta parts. I would have to again suggest that you sell that Fiesta!
I purchased a reasonably low mileage 2012 Fiesta a while back. It started and ran well. The man selling it explained that the Fiesta had been given to his son to use while at university. The young man had decided that he wanted a small pickup truck instead. So, he crudely and completely destroyed his parents Car. I drove it onto my trailer for the price of $700 usd. It was usable only for parts.

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
We don't get those cars here. Ford rallies them, though, so there must be rally kits available. I doubt they're cheap.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Rally spec Fiesta=$$$$$$$$. Then you crash it. Then $$$$$$$$$$ to rebuild it. Rinse and repeat.

City
Virginia Beach
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
14 Fiesta SE
Yeah it sounds like the fiesta really just isn't for you. I would just save up some money, get your license, and sell the car when you have the chance. Instead of dumping money into a car to radically alter it (especially a newer car like the one you have) find a car you love, and build that machine. Don't go crazy on your first car my man. Nobody keeps that first car

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Rally spec Fiesta=$$$$$$$$. Then you crash it. Then $$$$$$$$$$ to rebuild it. Rinse and repeat.
Putting this into perspective...

There's a point of diminishing returns on an investment...
1617211609215.png

What you lose is - your car...
What you learn is - Priceless...
The Rest might have to go on Mastercard. 1617212612520.png

Last edited: