Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

It looks like Ford changed the design of the clutch master cylinder, what should I do?

City
Fenton
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Ford Fiesta Titanium (hatch)
I've attached a photo of my old master cylinder (1 mail fitting and 1 female fittings) and the new one (2 female fittings), both have the same part number. What is the best way to make this work. The line coming from the fluid reservoir has a female fitting. I've noticed that a 5/16 inch fuel line repair kit seem to fit in the female fitting, but its pretty sloppy, I can pull it back and forth about 1/4". I'm thinking it might still seal, since the pressure will push the 5/16" male part back against the outer edge of the female, but i'm not sure. Hoping to just do this once... IMG_1137.JPG

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
I would order up the newer tube as well. My fear with an adaptor fitting is an increased risk of a leak. Either fluid out or air in.
I generally try to bench bleed the master cylinder in the hope that the damn thing will be less trouble when doing the final bleed with the Mityvac.