Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Issue with wing mirrors not retracting

City
Herne Bay
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta
This may not be the right forum for this post but, as I am new to the group, it looked like the best bet. Sorry if it's wrong.

My wife managed to (gently) clip the wing mirror whilst driving down a narrow road recently. I thought that all of the damage was the clear indicator lens but when she took it to a local garage they insisted on fitting a complete new mirror assembly. Fine, except when the car came back the wing mirrors don't retract when you lock the car. They will retract on the button inside the car. The garage are now saying that it is a software problem and the software probably needs to be updated by a main dealers (miles away!) and this often happens after "an accident".

Has anyone any experience of this problem and, if so, how did you resolve it?

Hope to hear from you soon.

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
We don't have those in the Americas. Try the European thread.

lilbleh

City
Jakarta
State
Non-US
Country
Indonesia
What I Drive
2014 Fiesta 1.0L Ecoboost
My experience with the Euro version of the car is probably a bad relay which can be found under the headlight. If you are from the UK, then it will be the offside headlight. There are a couple of relays there so you need to refer to the owner's manual (in my opinion the manual does not seem to have this written down). If not information is found, just buy a good relay and keep testing to change either one of the relays. Good luck!