Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

I want to upgrade my factory audio but what about traction and hill assist

Fysta

City
San Francisco
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 & 17 Fiesta
2 obstacles that I see is the traction and hill hold is built into the system. What do you guys do about this? Buy specific unit so you can still have control of this or is there a way to set up physical switches? Soldering is easy for me. I need to get rid of the factory unit and install something with a screen and backup camera.
I have a 2016 base fiesta and a 2017 that's not the base, forgot what that one is exactly. I discovered the Bluetooth on my 16 is gone as is the aux input. I guess the 2017 will be same process.
Does anyone make a reliable unit that gets rid of those dial pad buttons and upper screen, to turn it into a nice clean system? I'm new to this car and the factory system is a ugly design in my opinion, tiny little screen sticking up on the dash and dial pad buttons (puke)

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Lots of Fiesta owners would be doing upgrades to their car audio if they could find a way to get rid of the original audio-HVAC stack and install a replacement faceplate- interface.
The original Sync is not being updated through Microsoft anymore. Plus, the hard-drives are simply ageing out and failing.
I would happily pay $150 for an HVAC-audio faceplate that will allow me to install a new DIN1 head with a capacitive screen and the usual features of Bluetooth, reverse camera, navigation, sat radio et al.

lilbleh

City
Jakarta
State
Non-US
Country
Indonesia
What I Drive
2014 Fiesta 1.0L Ecoboost
The android units should have the basic features of the car covered. They are no longer on display in the mini screen as they will be built into the android unit interface. You can enable or disable the usual car functions from the android and see all the warning messages as well. The only thing that may or may not work would be the voice command and the usb from the plug near the cigarette lighter power socket. However you need to get the proper unit since there are many claiming this and that while in the end they don't work. In any case, the android units will and should be plug and play and comes with the appropriate cover so it is just a matter of installing. No need for any soldering or anything else.