Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

I am all of the sudden hearing a loud noise under the hood of my car.

City
Rapid City
State
SD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 SE Ford Fiest 4 door Hatchback
This happens at higher rates of speeds such as 55 and higher and most times it does not even happen this happens at random times on the passenger side of my 2013 Ford Fiesta and this sound does not happen anywhere else under the hood of my car always the passenger side and it happens at random times it is smacking against the hood of my car I was thinking it could be the transmission fluid container I believe the only part under my that is loose enough is my transmission fluid container it clips down on 1 side and the other side is completely loose.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
That is the coolant reservoir. If you are not certain of its age, get a new one! When they burst it is an immediate disaster in process.
The knocking on that side is much more likely to be the sway bar end link. 20220707_094343.jpg

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
OR you have a bad strut mount on the Passenger side - if the clunk BANG or rattle occurs on rough roads - the strut mount needs to be replaced -

MOTORCRAFT number AD-1141
1658669287520.png

More than likely you hit a bump. This forces the strut up and down really fast and if too hard or sudden (like bottoming out) you may have dislodged the black rubberized insert in the Strut mount. The black insert in the metal bracket above the lower cup that pivots under this mount - holds and allow the strut and tire to rotate on its axis and steer the car.

Attachments