Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Hi - looking for some help on the TPMS see below

flybyy

City
Simpsonville
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Fiesta SE 4 Door Red
Ok, so here is the situation. My daughter has a 2017 Fiesta SE 4 door. It's a nice little car and runs great, no issues...til this. TPMS light comes on, so I get out my handy programmer and retrain the wheels. Each sounds the horn as I go around and at the end beeps properly and the dash says 'training complete'.
All good for about 30 seconds and the light and error come back on.... so... off to the tire store where they put it on the machine and tell me all the sensors are reading properly, temperatures, batteries, all of it fine.... so... they retrain it to the car, light goes out.... 30 seconds later, light and error are back... try retraining, again same.... so... off to the parts store to see if they have a receiver module for it... they do... so I ask them where is it located in the car... they don't know... so I take the part number and say I want to research a bit.

Now I look all over the web and lots of blah blah blah but no one says or shows this receiver. In fact some say there is no receiver? ok... so, call up the dealer... no joy there either... one dealer says the module is located behind the left wheel well... it isn't.. another says its under the center console... it isnt...another yet says there is no receiver it's part of the BCM behind the glove box and requires a dealer reprogramming step... so.. I am trying here to see what you all may know about it...thanks in advance!

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Was the car recently had it's tires replaced?

Why does this come up - unless the TPMS system can give better information - this issue comes up as possibly a low-battery - but in one wheel - and this requires more diagnostics that look at why the TPMS light is on for what reason.

Most "tire shops" know how to reset TPMS, but fewer have the know how to research the TPMS messages.

Once the TPMS condition that sets the light is known - freeze data or otherwise - it's pretty straightforward.

One possible suggestion is that the battery in one is low - so the TPMS will signal - but the way it signals is some cars you'd have not problem knowing it was a low battery for the dash indicator would blink a code of flashes to signal the tire affected and the color to suggest that the condition is a sensor or a low-tire pressure warning - Fiesta is not "smart" enough to handle that - just the codes - and you'll need a special tool to decode that code.

You can try the "HEC TEST" mode and see if more information can be found in the cluster display for any type of TPMS code or codes stored.

I believe it's 6 to 9 pushes of the trip reset display button to show DTC's - but not like regular DTC's more specific ones.

IF you recently hit potholes or road construction issues - the dislodging of a sensor detector can do this.

Else you may see...NONE in the display - then we will have to dig around for more info.

PDF of HEC mode and how to navigate it - attached

Attachments

OP
F

flybyy

City
Simpsonville
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #3
Was the car recently had it's tires replaced?

Why does this come up - unless the TPMS system can give better information - this issue comes up as possibly a low-battery - but in one wheel - and this requires more diagnostics that look at why the TPMS light is on for what reason.

Most "tire shops" know how to reset TPMS, but fewer have the know how to research the TPMS messages.

Once the TPMS condition that sets the light is known - freeze data or otherwise - it's pretty straightforward.

One possible suggestion is that the battery in one is low - so the TPMS will signal - but the way it signals is some cars you'd have not problem knowing it was a low battery for the dash indicator would blink a code of flashes to signal the tire affected and the color to suggest that the condition is a sensor or a low-tire pressure warning - Fiesta is not "smart" enough to handle that - just the codes - and you'll need a special tool to decode that code.

You can try the "HEC TEST" mode and see if more information can be found in the cluster display for any type of TPMS code or codes stored.

I believe it's 6 to 9 pushes of the trip reset display button to show DTC's - but not like regular DTC's more specific ones.

IF you recently hit potholes or road construction issues - the dislodging of a sensor detector can do this.

Else you may see...NONE in the display - then we will have to dig around for more info.

PDF of HEC mode and how to navigate it - attached

Ok, thanks for the reply. My question is, where is the receiver in the car. Is it the module or the BCM, both or something different? The part number for the receiver module that I find is shown here in this link.
some say it's behind the left wheel. it isnt
some say it's under the center console, it isn't
I know where the BCM is.
I have already finished checking the sensors and determined it is in the car.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1845534440...F1vQ7YKbCoZA9JkjO6Ciz8DK3EDGDYCsaAj1BEALw_wcB
b

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
I understand that the tpms reciever is integrated with the BCM on the north American version of fiesta.

OP
F

flybyy

City
Simpsonville
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #5
Thanks for the reply, I have heard that version as well yes.
Presuming that is true, what is this part shown for? no one, not even Ford seems to be able to tell me? lol

1655411076455.png

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Wonder if Forscan tool can simply turn off that annoying light.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Being that TPMS is a federally mandatory feature, i would have to say nope.